⚠️Friendship...?⚠️

⚠️⚠️ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENT ACTS AND MORE THAT COULD MAKE YOU DISCOMFORTED. ⚠️⚠️

Friendship is real. I think. Otherwise, how would someone call my hell of a place 'nice'? Aki is an immediate friend and damn, I'm not letting her go.

"I'm SUPER sorry I couldn't clean it very nice before you came.. but I made it tolerable. Wanna play some videogames?" I asked, nervously tapping my hands together.

"Oh, sure! But don't worry, your house isn't THAT bad," She smiled. "Apartment," I corrected.

"Right," She breathlessly spoke. "Honestly, it's a good break from a neat and tidy house. No parents to bug you," Aki laughed, her eyes glittering as she squinted them in joy. Real. Joy.

I'm doing so great! So, so great! Suddenly, my phone goes off and I excuse myself, rushing to get it. Who could be calling? While my hand picked up the rectangular device, I realised something was wrong.

My phonecase was grey, not blue.

My eyes widened in horror, but I kept my composure and answered the phone. "Yes, hello?" I 'cheerfully' answered. Nothing came from the other end. I walked myself near to the kitchen, and I stopped near my cutlery drawer. Suspiciously eyeing the room around me- especially behind, I grabbed the drawer open and pulled out the knife.

Ah, yes, my trusty old knife. I used it to kill one of my very first victims. Still, I don't really feel much remorse since I only took jobs that involved killing bad people with bad jobs. I let the others do the rest. Still, it didn't make it any better...

No time for my mind to wander! I spoke to the phone again. "Hello? I'm gonna hang up if you don't respond," My voice harshly spoke. It was not really a bluff. I was kind of tired from work today and I just wanted to relax. But I flinched when I heard a raspy voice.

"You're (V/N), from the group of villains called Crystallized. Don't freak out, I just know everything about you." I started to turn around with my knife, but I was stopped by the voice. "Kill the girl or we will burn your apartment down, with everything you've ever worked for, including the Café." It laughed. A high pitched voice chimed in-- "And your car! Oh, oh! I'm taking that sweet car!"

I winced, lowering the phone down a bit. My car! But surely I couldn't kill Aki. No way they meant her. Maybe another girl? Like that brown-haired one! I raised to phone to my ear once more.

"Tell me, which girl? The one in my apartment or the stand-out girl from the Café?" I suspiciously vocallized. "The one that's right behind you~" A new, deep voice teasingly sang. Quickly turning around, I stab whoever is behind me and gasp. It was Aki! But... not Aki? Her face was severely bruised and pruny. It'd seemed like she drowned. Her eyes were rolled to the back of her head and were pitch white. Her skin wasn't warm and sweet anymore-- it was dead and white, devoid of life. I teared up, stabbing her more and more until she dropped to the floor. The whole time, I could hear her screaming.

When I had come back to my senses, I looked down. Aki was dead, beneath me. Her skin was bloodied and her brown, silky hair was tattered and messy. She looked ordinary now, and I didn't know what to do. Had I just killed my only friend because I thought she was a monster? Or worse, was it my quirk acting up? I thought I knowingly got rid of it long ago! Something wasn't right, but I'd become a murderer once more, and I needed to find a spot to hide her. I was not going to jail. I needed to move away. Clean the evidence, and do something. I realised I dropped the phone onto the floor and picked it up.

"Look what you did," I whispered, then I hung up and stood there.

I felt something warm drip down my cheek.

I thought she would be my friend.

I thought she'd be there for me.

I screwed it up.

I messed it all up again.

But this time, I knew how to fix it.