Ch 7: Deceit (Part Two)

TW!! Depictions of bullying, suicide, & school shootings.

Ilhan, Namo, Sean, and Arial pace themselves through a woody venture. What would be a beautiful stroll through fine greenery, listening to afternoon chirps and rustles quickly became long anticipation for disaster. The walk was silent, the crunching boots collectively ruined the peace and the quiet. Sean had already told them everything while they were on the plane, and suddenly the air got chillier.

Sean explained, "At Silvia Elk Secondary, a superior named Wan Kyubok saved a group of students from Remi Wynn, the ex boyfriend of a teacher at the secondary school and the initial culprit. Upon the triple-SA taking custody of Kyubok and the police arresting Remi, another suspected superior got hold of one of Remi's firearms and is holding students hostage on the roof of the school. He is demanding Kyubok's release, otherwise... I'm afraid we can expect the worst. That's why you were immediately requested, sir. Special agents Sana Benzema and Ryeo Yon are on the scene with Wan Kyubok right now."

Arial initially felt at ease knowing there were triple-SA agents of Ytsl on the site already, but she grew anxious with every step she took. The looming quietness of Ilhan and Namo gave her goosebumps. Finally, a school came into their sights.

Red and blue lights flashed against the faces of the cops who stood troubled. There were about eight of them, two were dressed formally and could very much be detectives. A few of them waited patiently near the cop car, the face of a hysterical man could be seen through the clear glass. The rest greeted the agents making an entrance on the scene.

On the right hand side stood two women, beautiful and well-kept. One of the two held a high schooler with disheveled and dark hair, his hands in trammels behind his back. He did not seem to put up a fight, his eyes were glued to the grass beneath their feet in weariness. He looked pitiful, almost as if he felt completely hopeless, yet extremely desperate. Kyubok was entirely conflicted, and his expression told it all.

One officer spoke, his eyes cemented on the boy standing on the rooftop, "I'm guessing you're the triple-SA's reinforcements."

Ilhan answered, "Yes. I've gotten all I needed to know for now. Do we have any updates on who the kids are? Specifically the culprit?"

"According to some students and teachers, the second superior is Aruna Roshan. He isn't in any classes with the first superior."

Ilhan, "And how did he get the gunman's assault rifle?"

The cops all shook their heads in disappointment and naivety. One cop coughed, "Initially there were two of us to get to the scene first because we were called in for the lockdown. One of us arrested the gunman, and the other was trying to constraint the superior while we waited for the triple-SA agents to arrive... There was so much going on, and when we saw that a few students remained to watch us take custody of the superior, we told them that they needed to leave the building immediately. And that's when the other superior, Aruna, suddenly rushed for one of the guns on the floor and took those other students hostage in front of us."

Namo added, "How do we know Aruna Roshan is a superior?"

Arial interrupted the cops and answered instead, "Why wouldn't he be? Logically speaking, which normal person would do this for a superior? It only makes sense if he is one."

Namo stayed quiet, parting his lips like he wanted to say something. Suddenly, a loud voice came from on top of them, "How long is this going to take?! Do you guys take me for a fool??!"

The high schooler on the rooftop was a lot more visible now, standing only inches away from the ledge at a very dangerous height. Very closely in front of him was a girl with short hair, dressed in the same uniform. She was absolutely terrified, tears rolling down her face with soft sobs leaving her throat.