Kokichi's Perspective

It was a beautiful day. A purple-haired boy was sitting on the grass under a tree with a purple letter in his hand. He stared at the purple letter, sighing slightly. Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader falls in love with his supposed enemy, Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective. A bipolar pair. The total opposite of each other. Shuichi faced anuncoverser the cold truth while Kokichi rather hides in a wall of lies. Though, his facade is slowly breaking.

Ever since Gonta's execution, Shuichi has been avoiding the little leader, not even batting an eye at him. "You're alone, Kokichi. You always will be." the words keep repeating in his head. Gonta's execution haunts him in his dreams. Still, he loves the detective. It is understandable why he said what he said. Kokichi said something that made Shuichi snap. Kokichi gazes at the blue sky. His mind still debating whether or not he should confess his love to Shuichi. Probably not.

Part of him wants to confess and another part of him is against the idea of confessing his feelings to his crush. He decided to grab a drink to clear up his mind. He stared back at the letter before shoving it into his pocket harshly. Sighing, Kokichi stood up and walked to the kitchen. On the way to his destination, he came across someone he didnt want to face. Shuichi Saihara. Kokichi just kept on walking knowing that Shuichi will just ignore him and walked away quickly, avoiding him.

But for some reason, Shuichi called out for Kokichi which is a surprise to Kokichi. Kokichi glanced at Shuichi, making eye contact with him. Shuichi who seems nervous keeps fidgeting his fingers. "C-can you meet me in the library tonight? I w-wanna tell you something...", the nervous detective mumbled out. Kokichi stared at Shuichi for a minute before replying to the male's request. "Yeah, sure! I promise not to kill you! When we are there!". Shuichi ignored and walked away from the male. Kokichi watched as his crush slowly fades away from his sight.

After making sure Shuichi was completely out of sight, he let out a happy squeal and run to his room, forgetting the reason to go to the kitchen. He makes sure his door is locked before he dives to his bed and hugged his fluffy pillow. He felt happy that his crush finally talks to him after two days. Two days of torture. Though, he wonders... What does Shuichi want to talk about with him privately in the middle of the night? And his body language indicates that he was anxious about something. He pushed away from the thoughts and the feeling of nervousness that started to build up.

Will Shuichi ever fall in love with him?

Maybe...

He wanted to stay hopeful. Maybe one day, he can finally confess to his feelings. Maybe one day, he will be brave to face the rejection that he may receive. But not now. Not in this situation. Right now, he needs to focus on finding the mastermind and putting an end to this killing game.

•  •

•  •  •

The night announcement went off, and Kokichi could hear footsteps passing by his door. Kokichi waited for the coast to be clear before going to the library. He took out a notebook and jot down everything that happened today. After 10 minutes, Kokichi opened the door, making sure that no one walks by before exiting his room an,d went to the library to meet his precious beloved. With every step he takes, his nervousness started to build up. His body tenses up as if someone will come out of the dark and attack him.

He shook off the feelings and walked faster to the library. He stared at the big brown door, taking a deep breath before opening the door. Kokichi hesitates to open it afraid something might happen. He becomes more paranoid ever since the last trial. With a shaky hand, Kokichi turned the doorknob and pulled it. He went to search for Shuichi. Someone taps his shoulder, making Kokichi jolt and quickly look behind him. "S-sorry, Kokichi! I didn't mean to startle you.", Shuichi apologized "It's okay, my beloved! Where were you? I was looking for you all over the library!", Kokichi asked, putting his hands up while saying it.

"Sorry, I was... Late because of Kaito's night exercise.", Shuichi answered. Kokichi looked at him suspiciously. That sounded more like a lie than an answer. He decided to shrug it off, saying to himself that maybe he was doing something didn't want him to know. "So, what do you want to talk about?", Kokichi asked, curiously. Shuichi averted his eyes away from Kokichi's. "I-... Umm... Fuck it", he yelled, which surprised Kokichi. Shuichi walked closer and closer to Kokichi. Kokichi slowly walked away before Shuichi grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug.

Kokichi gasped. It caught him off guard. But Kokichi quickly melted into the touch as he snuggled into Shuichi's chest. He didn't know why Shuichi decided to hug him but he dont wants to complain as he was enjoying this moment. The warmth of his crush. He didn't remember the last time he receives a hug from someone. The butterflies in his stomach started to dance happily. Kokichi sighed in contentment Shuichi slowly strokes the little leader's defying hair, bringing Kokichi's head closer to his chest.

The moment lasts with a sharp object pierced behind Kokichi. Kokichi gasped at the sudden pain and tried to get out of Shuichi's grasp but failed miserably. Blood slowly seeped the back of his uniform was covered with own his blood. He looked at Shuichi with a face full of betrayal. Shuichi looked at him in his eyes yet, he didn't utter a word.

That's when Kokichi realized what was going on. The reason for Shuichi's behavior when he talked with Kokichi. The reason why he asked Kokichi to meet him in the library at night. So, he could kill him. He never felt so betrayed in his life before. Is this how Gonta feels when he is exposed as the culprit of Miu? Maybe this is his karma. His punishment for his evil deed.

His vision started to get blurry as his body is about to give up on him. Kokichi looked Shuichi in the eyes. The golden eyes that he admires the most. Though, it was filled with guilt. Before his final breath, Kokichi utters...

"H-how could you...Shu...i...chi..."

His eyes then turned lifeless and dull. Blood seeped through the knife on his back. The Ultimate Supreme Leader, Kokichi Ouma was gone. Killed by the person he loved and trust the most. The leader was blinded by love to see the red flag and face the consequences.

Is this even love...? He asked. All he wanted to do is to end the killing game while protecting the love of his life. Tears slowly rolled down Kokichi's cheeks as he let out his final breath. This is it. He can't protect Shuichi now. He won't be able to see D.I.C.E now. He can't get his happy ending where he survived with Shuichi and live happily together.

It was just a silly wish. He now knows just how cruel the world is. But... At least, he can meet Gonta, Rantaro, and Kirumi in the afterlife. So, he can apologize to Gonta, play with Rantaro, and hug his mother figure. Maybe a happy ending isn't for him.