I Love You, Kokichi... (Rewrite)

Darkness. Everything went black. Is this it? Is this how it ends? No, please no. He didn't want to end here. Where is he? In a void of darkness? Is this his punishment for murdering his love? He didn't bother to complain. He deserved it. 'I'm sorry, Kaede. I have failed you. I'm sorry Kaito. I'm sorry for not being a good friend. I'm sorry... everyone... I failed to end the killing game. I failed as a detective... I'm sorry... Kokichi Ouma. This is the end, isn't it?'

"Shuichi?" Shuichi recognized the owner of the voice. The childish-like voice that he missed so much. Shuichi could feel a small hand stroking his hair lovingly. "Shuichi, darling. Wake up.", the voice spoke sweetly. The detective opened his eyes and saw his beloved's face smiling above him. "Good morning, sleepyhead. You're finally up, Shuichi.". Kokichi giggled at his own joke. "K-kokichi?!", Shuichi sat up, looking Kokichi straight in the eyes. The beautiful amethyst eyes that he adores so much.

Shuichi finally took a look at his surroundings. A field of green grass that you could play around. They were sitting under a beautiful cherry blossom tree. Kokichi was wearing his white uniform, a black hat, and a torn cape. Kokichi took a deep breath and sigh in content. "Isn't it lovely here, Shuichi? It's so peaceful out here.", said Kokichi as he darted his eyes at Shuichi. Shuichi wanted to figure out how he got here in the first place. He threw his logic aside and decided to relax with Kokichi.

"Shuichi... I forgive you...", Kokichi spoke up after a good minute of silence. "What...?", Shuichi gasped looking at the small boy beside him. "I forgive you... No, Kokichi forgave you.", Kokichi closed his eyes. "What do you mean...?", Shuichi asked warily. Kokichi looked at him with teary eyes smiling softly at Shuichi. "I'm not Kokichi, Saihara-Kun. I'm just taking a form of your loved ones." Shuichi stood up, walking back away from Kokichi who is unfazed. "So... who are you, really?" Kokichi shook his head and stood up.

"Who I am or what am I is not important. Shuichi, you are aware that you are not in a killing game, right", questioned Kokichi which Shuichi reply with a nod. "You are still alive, just unconscious. Kokichi approached Shuichi and look him in the eyes. "You need to go back.", Kokichi said in a stern tone. "What?! No-"

"They need you, Shuichi. Those who are still alive need you. You have a second chance to make this right. Prove that you are sorry. Expose the mastermind and end the killing game once and for all." Shuichi tear up hearing it. He didn't want to go back. He likes it here. Kokichi wiped his tears and kissed his cheeks. "Hey, hey... It's okay, Shuichi. I'll always be there for you. but your time hasn't come yet. Please live for me... Live for Kokichi. Live for everyone he died in the killing." Shuichi slowly nodded as he hugged Kokichi tightly.

Kokichi leaned closer to Shuichi's ears. Shuichi's vision becomes blurry. He clutched Kokichi's cape, don't want to let him go just yet. "And to answer your question... I lied about the earlier statement. I am Kokichi... It's fun messing with you, Shuichi... Nishishi~" That is the last thing Shuichi hear the words coming out of Kokichi before everything went black.

Shuichi woke up, gasping for air. He looked to his side to see his best friends sleeping. Shuichi felt something in his hand, he looked down to see a checkered scarf with a note that was written in blue pen. "A present for my beloved ;)" Shuichi smiled sadly and pulled the scarf closer to his chest. "Expose the mastermind and end the killing once and for all". The words remained in his head. He will... He had to... for Kokichi.

"Shuichi?", the voice spoke, a hint of tiredness in their voice. Shuichi looked to the side of his bed to see Maki rubbing her eyes, looking straight at him with her tired eyes. "M-maki...", Shuichi whispered, not waiting to wake Kaito. Maki looked st me suspiciously before sighing as if she gave up something. "How did you survive?", she mumbled. " Huh?" Shuichi tilted his head, trying to hear what the assassin had said. "How... How did you survive the execution?", Maki whispered again but this time Shuichi could hear it.