Shuichi's Perspective

"I'm the one who killed Kokichi..."

Everyone was stunned hearing the detective's confession. A detective killed the little dictator? "T-That's not true! Right, Shuichi?", Kaito asked as he slammed his podium. Everyone except for Maki denied the statement. As much as Maki want to believe it's a lie, she witnessed the detective's crime with her own two eyes. " W-why did you do that, Shuichi!?", Himiko yelled in anger. She didn't want to witness another execution. Kaito protested the claim, yelling and shouting at everyone who believes in Shuichi's words.

Meanwhile, the mastermind secretly smiling as they watched the commotion in the trial. The room was filled with betrayal, anger, sadness and despair. Oh, how she wished she could laugh at their peers' misery. Shuichi suddenly laughed as the room went silent. Tears streaming down his cheeks as he tried to wipe them off. "I'm sorry, everyone. I'm sorry for letting you down... I'm sorry for betraying you all.", Shuichi said as he smile softly at his dear friends. "I-I... I thought if I killed Kokichi, the game would be over. But... I ended up killing someone innocent...", Shuichi whispered, barely even make out the words he spoke. 

"Maybe, he deserved it!", Kaito bellowed. "That's payback for his constant lying! He deserved whatever happens to him!". Shuichi has a tint of anger hearing the words that came out of one of his best friend's mouths. But before he can protest the claim, Maki spoke up. "You're wrong, Kaito. No one deserves death. Not even the gremlin. Not even the mastermind. And that's coming from me, an assassin who took out countless innocent people's lives.". Shuichi was surprised, to say the least. Even if Maki hated Kokichi with all her heart, she disagrees with Kaito's words and defended the male.

Shuichi smiled sadly and sighed. "Maki is right, Kaito. He doesn't deserve it.". Shuichi clutched his chest as tears threaten to fall. "He trusted me... He let his guards down for me. I know because every time Gonta tried to hug him, he will try to escape or run away. A-and... I killed him... I betrayed him. I did what Kaede told me not to.", Shuichi said in a shaky tone. Hearing the detective's confession, the remaining survivor has no choice but to vote for him. "S-so... We have to vote for you, Shuichi?", Keebo asked. No matter how much they try to deny it, they all know it is the truth.

A cold, hard truth that they need to accept.

"M-monokuma... It's voting time...", Shuichi said in a hushed voice. Everyone hesitated to vote for Shuichi. Shuichi looked at Kokichi's picture that appeared beside him, smiling brightly. Oh, how he missed the Panta lover male's smile. A tear slowly streaming down the detective's cheeks and falls to Kokichi's picture. With a shaky hand, he clicked his picture. "This trial is short but look how despairing the situation is! Well, let's see who's the lucky one!", Monokuma cheered as they looked at the result. "Oh! It's the one and only Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective!"

Shuichi stayed silent as a shadow formed on his face, making it impossible to see the detective's expression. "I'm sorry... And thank you for being my friend, everyone. I wish you well...", Shuichi said as he called out for Monokuma. "Hey, Monokuma... Please prepare for my execution.", Shuichi said in a monotone voice. "Okay! But first of all, wanna see something interesting?", Monokuma asked. That alone grabbed everyone's attention. "What do you mean?", asked Keebo. "Taa-Daa!", Monokuma revealed a purple letter with a red wax seal heart stamp.

"Is that a love letter?", Tsumugi questioned Monokuma. "Correct! And this love letter is from the Ultimate Supreme Leader himself!", Monokuma cheered. "Wait, what?", Keebo was stunned hearing it and so does the others. Kokichi having a crush on someone? Who is the one that dared to steal the liar's heart, they wondered. The answer lies in the letter itself. And they were curious as to who manages to make the liar fall for them. And the answer is in the love letter. "The deceased leader wanted to give this to someone special before he die. Guess he never gets the chance to." Monokuma rip opens the letter and cleared his throat before starting to read it out loud for the remaining student to hear.