Fun and Games

That night, I am walking out of my room to head to dinner when I bump into Nathaniel he smiles and says, “Good thing you walked out. I don’t know where the dining room is.” “Okay. Follow me.” I say with a smile. As we walk, I noticed that Nathaniel was a bit nervous, so I decide to help calm him down. I say, “Nathaniel there really is no reason to be nervous. They may seem like they are serious all the time, but they are really just big softies.” He looks at me and smiles. We reach the dining room, and everyone is already there, Nick included. I sit in between Nick and Nathaniel and introduced them to one another, they seem to be getting along well.  

As we started to eat dinner, we talked about how we were doing things this school year. They all decided that I should stay at the compound instead of moving around all year.  Which I am so happy about, I am so tired of going from one place to another. They also decided that Nathaniel should go to the same school as Nick and me.

During the course of dinner that night we talked, made jokes, and spent the majority of the meal in what seemed to be an endless fit of laughter. I glanced over at Nick then at Nathaniel and they both seem to be enjoying themselves. Which is good to see after all that has happened this summer.

After dinner has ended and the table and kitchen are cleaned, everyone went their own ways except for Nick, Nathaniel, and I.  The three of us sat in the living room playing video games.  We decided to play a Nascar racing game when I exclaimed “I’m going to beat you both!” Nick replied, “Oh are you now Ro, good luck with that.” As we were playing Nate does a slingshot move, I didn’t even know you could do in the game and won. After a few more rounds I said, “I think I’m going to turn in for the night see you all tomorrow” and with that I gave a small wave and walked back to my room.