08 || Chase

08 || Chase

u n e d i t e d

"The letter's not gonna give itself, Baji-san."

Baji glared at his friend's sarcastic remark. Scowling at the younger boy who might be enjoying his disposition a little too much.

"Just shut up if you're not gonna say anything useful, Chifuyu." Baji scowled as he listened to Chifuyu's laughter.

"It's been weeks. You have to give it to her at some point."

"Says who?!" Baji scowled even more, he watched as Chifuyu did his best to stop himself from laughing even more.

"So you're not gonna confess anymore?"

"Of course not— I just can't find the perfect time to give it to her." Baji grimaced as he recalled his several attempts on giving the girl his letter.

There were three specific attempts that made him just want to bash his head on the nearest wall.

The first attempt had the brothers as his distraction.

The two of them were just studying as they had planned. Baji was looking at the letter on his hand while mentally reciting the words he planned on saying. Words that he had been practicing for days.

As soon as Baji thought he was ready to give y/n the letter, two familiar figures appeared on his hide. A long arm found its way to his shoulders.

Haitani Ran and Haitani Rindou welcomed themselves in their study session, making Baji lose the focus and courage he had been trying to build up.

The older Haitani smiled sickeningly sweet at him. Amethyst eyes secretly glaring at him and the letter on his hands. Baji looked at Rindou who was also smiling at him while slightly shaking his head, implying him to stop whatever he planned on doing.

The two then got kicked out by their cousin but at that point, Baji just lost the will and confidence to give y/n the letter.

The second distraction was, unsurprisingly, Kurokawa Izana.

Baji was just walking y/n to her class early in the morning. He decided to put more effort and woke up extra early that day, way too early than his usual time, even his mom was surprised at how excited her son seemed to be to attend school. Baji thought that it'd be impossible to give y/n the letter after school because of her guard dogs.

Lunch time was even scarier because not only did y/n eat with Izana, but other Tenjiku members as well. Baji was sure that he's going to end up in the hospital if he dared give y/n the letter in front of them.

So his solution? Give it to her early!

It was almost perfect actually. It was just the two of them, walking on the silent hallway, talking about the random things they liked in common.

And just when he's about to pull out the letter, a familiar voice caught their attention. There behind them, stood Izana Kurokawa in all his terrifying glory. Izana walked towards them and Baji immediately hid the letter when he noticed how the older boy's gaze shifted to him.

Baji could only watch as Izana annoyingly smirked at him. He realized that the older boy definitely knew what he just did. He also concluded that the brothers have probably told Izana beforehand about his intention. Not wanting to start a fight, Baji just decided to settle with internally cursing the older boy.