Chapter 17

Chapter 17

That night I slept good. Prince told me that he has no feelings for Dereen anymore. I trust him. He would not pursue me if he has a relationship with someone right?

Maaga akong nagising kinabukasan. Medyo madilim pa. I am excited to sail. Capiz is known as the Seafood Capital of the Philippines and I know it won’t disappoint me.

I wore my dress and slippers. I tied my hair into a pony tail and I went out of the room. Kakabukas lang rinng pintuan sa harapan ko at nakitang si Prince iyon. He was wearing a simple short and a v-neck shirt. He looks so handsome early in the morning.

“I might melt, honey...” he teased me and pinched my cheeks. I pouted before looking up to him.

He looks so tall and I am just a dark clinging unto him. Wala bang justice? Argh! He chuckled before kissing my forehead.

“What are you pouting, hmm?” he held my waist and guide me towards the staircase.

Mukhang kakaunti pa lang ang fusing dahil sa kusina pa lang ang ilaw na nakabukas. Tha cooks might be readying the meal for this morning. They are really hardworking. I admire them for waking up very early even if they slept late.

I looked at him. “Why are so tall, Prince? Look at me! I am like a dwarf clinging in your arms! Is there any justice around here? I am confident that I am tall but now...,”

He chuckled on my ear and hugged my waist.

“Don’t be. Ayaw mo ‘yon? Mas matangkad ako sa’yo. And besides I love your cute height. I can carry you whenever I want.” He grinned at me when I felt myself blushed.

What the hell.

“You are making fun of my height...” I said flatly and moved away from him.

He just chuckled and looked at me teary-eyed. See?! He was making fun of me! Maybe I really looked like a dwarf to him! I am just up to his chin! This is not okay!

“God, it is okay! You are y'all, Lana. But I am taller than you. Don’t be bothered by it. I love your height. I love everything about you.” He smiled softly and caressed my cheeks making me close eyes.

Paano niya nagagawa sa akin ito? He can make my mood change with just one touch. I hugged him and buried my face on his neck. I want the way how he assures me. It makes me feel special, you know? That he makes sure that I am comfortable, I am at peace.

“I am not a dwarf?” I murmured and he just laughed again. Kinurot ko siya sa tagiliran pero imbis na masaktan ay nakiliti lang siya.

He shook his head and kissed my head.

“Yeah. You are not a dwarf. You are my honey.”

Pagkatapos naming magkape ay agad na pumunta kami sa dalampasigan. I could not help but to shiver because of the cold wind. Malapit na rin mag-umaga, later, the sun will rise and that will be the most majestic view I will ever see.

In the middle of the ocean, while the sun is rising.

Hinawakan ni Prince ang kamay ko at hinipan iyon kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya.

“Are you cold? We could just go back inside, Lana. Baka magkasakit ka pa. Hayaan na natin si Dylan doon.”

Tumawa ako sa sinabi niya. Dylan might be waiting for us. Kawawa naman siya if we will gonna ditch him.

“Silly. It’s okay, masasanay rin ako sa lamig. Besides I want to see the sunrise while in the middle of the sea.”

He hugged me and placed his face on my neck. “You are so adorable, Lana. I love seeing you happy because of small things. I am happy how appreciative you are. I am afraid I might break you with just one wrong move.”