26 - Midnight Nom Nom

A/N: filler chapter moment, i should've deleted the part where they go shopping but its too late now lmao

"So where should we go?" Kiyoko asks, once we get off the local bus. 

"I was thinking we could go.. to get some food?" I look down, embarrassed. Truth is, even though we went to that cafe, I was starving due to surviving on coffee for the last few days.

Kiyoko smiles warmly. "Come on, let's go get you something."

This is why she's a goddess.

"Thank you Kiyoko!" I squeal, jumping up and down.

We walk around for a while before we came across a cake place.

All three of us, Kiyoko even, stared up at the place in awe.

"Can we-"

"Yes."

~*~*~

The inside, was amazing. There was cake...everywhere.

"Did I just get hungrier?" I whispered.

"Yeah...I did too." Yachi whispered back. 

"You guys order. I'll pay today." The two of us whipped around to see Kiyoko holding out her wallet.

"Are you sure?!" I exclaim. Kiyoko nodded, both mine and Yachi's eyes lighting up. We walked up to the register, excited to see the variety of desserts the place had.

"Welcome to C.A.K.E. what would you like today?" The cashier at the register asked in a bored voice.

"Yachi?" I turned to the first year.

"Umm, can I have a slice of your lemon cake?" 

I look at Kiyoko, before going back to the register. "I'll have a slice of the f/f please."

Kiyoko went last. "Can I have your raspberry chocolate?"

"One lemon, one f/f, and one raspberry chocolate. Is that all for you today?"

The three of us nodded.

After Kiyoko paid, we all went to find a seat.

"Thanks again Kiyoko." I grinned.

"No problem."

The minute I dug into the cake, I was pleased by the taste. The flavoring was on point, the texture was on point, it was pretty damn close to the perfect cake.

I could tell even Yachi and Kiyoko agreed with the statement.

"Wow..." I said in awe, licking the frosting off my lips. "That was good."

"That might have been the best cake.....I've ever had." The shock of the quality of the cake was still on us.

"So....now what?"

"I think we should head back actually. The boys do have a meetup tomorrow, and we're out here eating cake." I laugh, picking up my bag. 

"Good idea. Come on Yachi." Kiyoko smiles, leading the two of us out the door.

We returned to Jaybird Inn at around midnight. The train took a while since we got on one with lots of stops. By the time we were back, everyone was asleep.

"Goodnight girls. Wake up early tomorrow."

I lay down, thinking of the first meetup of nationals tomorrow. I'd be able to see Sakusa again. Maybe I could even see him play today. I was excited. Very excited.

Wow.

I really do love him.

A/N: FINALLY AHFILKSJFKLDLFJSDF