Chapter 16 ~ Hope Contemplated

A/N Tries to use a male body ref for drawing -> accidentally gives Midoriya a dilf body. Rip. This is his new costume btw coz his other one looked ugly af he looked like a mugger.

Out of the four of the students, Iida was the most injured. Izuku's wounds became simply surface cuts, Todoroki had light bruises, and Katsuki was completely unharmed.

"Hah, losers."

"Kacchan you only delivered the final blow..."

"And I SAVED YOUR ASSES."

Iida was taken to a separate room at first since his injury was the most serious. In the meantime, Izuku chatted with Todoroki and ranted about quirk theories to him (he couldn't tell if Todoroki was actually listening or spacing out, but he appreciated his company anyways). After a few days of unconsciousness, Iida's arm was much better. Izuku's wounds had fully healed and Todoroki's bruises had gone down.

Iida gave Izuku a proper apology as soon as he'd been returned from the doctor, dramatically explaining that he won't get surgery to fully heal his arm as a reminder of his actions. Izuku smiled softly before reassuring his classmate that he was forgiven.

"I was only mad that you didn't contact me before going in like I asked you to... Kacchan had a point about it being a suicide mission."

"I apologise Midoriya-kun. I was so consumed by... it was dishonourable to be so consumed by rage for what happened to my brother that I tried to deal with Stain on my own."

"Iida, do you want to know something?"

Iida pushed up his glasses and listened intently to his green haired classmates as though he was about to bestow the secrets of the universe.

"If I had a sibling and they were maimed by a vigilante who thought 'they weren't the ideal hero', I would have gone after him too. No hesitation."

Iida's eyes widened at Izuku's confession.

"Except I would have better planned it out and asked for help because I can't go up against a damn high profile vigilante on my own," he peered at Iida with narrowed eyes, leading to laughter from the boisterous class president followed by an apology.

Todoroki cocked his head at the conversation, curious. Izuku noticed.

"What about you Todoroki-kun? If one of your siblings were hurt by Stain, would you avenge them?"

"Stain is captured right now."

Izuku laughed at how Todoroki missed the point, "I meant theoretically Todoroki-kun."

Todoroki looked down and put his hand up to his chin in contemplation. "I would make my old man go in first so Stain can give him a beating then I would deliver the final blow."

Izuku's eyes widened and his lips pursed at his classmate's bluntness, unsure whether he was talking about delivering the final blow on Stain or his father, and therefore not sure whether or not to burst out laughing.

Iida seemed more concerned, not knowing why Todoroki had such strong hatred for his father.

Before either of them could react, the doors open to reveal Best Jeanist and Manual alongside a man with a... dog head? Oh, and Kacchan!

Katsuki had his hands in his pockets, his hair unmoved from the gel Best Jeanist had used on him and Izuku. Izuku made eye contact with his angry friend, silently relaying a question about the situation. Kacchan pointed his chin at the man with the head of a dog before rolling his eyes.

The dog man bowed low before introducing himself, "Hello. I'm Kenji Tsuragamae."

The man proceeded to explain how although the four boys had successfully taken down the vigilante, what they did was still against the law and therefore is punishable.