Chapter 12

"Rachel don't do it" Devonte said. "You don't know what she's capable of" I added. Rachel didn't make eye contact with anyone other than her enemy.

"Let's find out" Rachel said. We couldn't do anything but sit back and watch.

"I have a name by the way. Yeah it's Emma, just thought I should clear that up before we fight" she said.

Emma raised her arms up, and every corner was blocked with a rock wall.

She made a fighting arena out the intersection. "Rachel there's no reason to fight her. She's irrelevant, we're wasting our time here" said Devonte.

Emma put her hand on her chest as if she was being framed. "Do you guys know where to find him?"

Devonte choked on whatever he was about to say. "How about....if you win I will tell you anything you want to know. If you lose then good luck cause this library is useless" she said.

"You're lying, you don't know where he is either" I said."This might be a trap."

She laughed and wiped an imaginary tear from under her eye. "Same old Devin. Would I follow you here for nothing?

That'll be wasting the time I don't have" she said.

I hope Rachel knows what she's doing.

Rachel turned to us and nodded. "Are we gonna do this or what?!" "It's your call" Rachel responded.

The girl stomped on the ground and a slab of stone levitated. She then launched it towards Rachel.

Rachel sprung into the air avoiding the stone, but the girl predicted that very well. She was already in the air readying up a kick.

It made contact with Rachel's hand near her face as it was blocked. With her foot in hand, Rachel used her momentum to throw her towards the ground.

She crashed to the pavement on her feet with a loud crackling sound.
As Rachel was falling, Emma took the opportunity to attack.

She kicked two tire sized rocks at Rachel. One them was redirected, but the second one scored a hit in Rachel's stomach.

Luckily she wasn't that high in the air or that fall would've been nasty, Rachel still fell on her side pretty hard.

"Come on princess, is that all you got!"

Rachel got up with a struggle, but as soon as she did, BOOM! Another rock slammed into her shoulder, causing her to spin onto the ground.

Devonte made a ssss noise as he had one eye open. Rachel coughed and forced herself up and fell again

I ran by her side to aid her. "Rachel you can quit now, it's alright" I whispered. She got on one knee and grabbed her shoulder. "Come on let's-"

Rachel weakly pushed me back. "No" she said. "Devin don't, I can do this. Its my fight ok." I heard the desperation and tears in her voice.

"Go." I tried to ignore her order and carry her out, but she fought back. "STOP."

I froze and stared at her for a few seconds. She's already injured her shoulder, but she's so determined to keep going.

I put my head down and sighed. "Ok." I looked at Emma and stood next to Devonte.

Rachel got up once more. Emma pulled out a band and put her hair in a ponytail, and put on green gloves.

Rachel kicked a barrage of wind blades at her. Emma went underground barely avoiding the attack.

The wind was so strong it made contact with a steel lightpole and knocked it over. The bulb shattered as it hit the ground.

Meanwhile Rachel was looking for the surprise attack. Emma appeared directly in front her and came with a right hook.