Chapter 26

Emma's POV

I slammed the door behind me. Loud enough to satisfy my frustration and low enough to where my mom didn't hear anything. I flopped into my warm bed, buried my face into the pillow and sighed heavily. My mind wandered off and Devin appeared....unconscious. I flipped over to my back and stared at the ceiling, "I hope their plan works" I mumbled. I know for a fact whatever Cade has planned, it would either work to perfection or turn out to be what he wanted in the end.

Devonte squeezed his way into my thoughts. I shook my head repeatedly, but he just wouldn't leave. I felt sad for how things turned out be. Why can't my life go back to the way things were when I was a little girl? Poor Devonte, he doesn't even know what might happen to him now that Cade knows about his abilities. I grew angry at the thought of him being a wielder, summoning elemental dragons and whatnot. I threw my pillow across the room. "WHY?!!" It would be better if Cade just killed him ." "No...I shouldn't say that" I thought to myself. No one should wish danger on anyone else. I just don't know how I would be able to save him if.... I grunted in annoyance and kicked my blanket to the floor.

Of course Rachel would invade my personal space too. She wasn't even suppose to be involved in this. Come to think of it, Devonte wasn't either. It's good she's not a wielder, so she's worthless right now. My mom's words echoed in my head. Would my own mother really kill an innocent girl? A person of no threat or value whatsoever. Would I have too kill her with my own power? I pushed my face into the palms of my hands. She's still a weakling when it comes to elemental combat, it'll be too easy. I haven't killed anyone in my life. If it does come down to that and I actually succeed in killing her, Devin would never forgive me or look at me the same. He didn't want anything do with me after my first fight with her.

I wouldn't be nearly as conflicted if she was a better elementist. I can't take it easy on her during the fight, mom would easily spot it. She trained me after all, so she knows when I'm giving it my all in combat. Whatever they have in mind, I hope it helps before I use my final attack. Even mom had a hard time defending against it. I got out of bed and went into my closet. I have to get my mind off of things, I changed into my training gear. I looked into the mirror and punched into my hand.

My head snapped towards my bedroom when I heard a knock at the door. "What is it now" I whispered. I turned the door knob and opened the door to....see Daniel. My face slumped, I really thought someone of interest would've been standing at my door. "Something tells me you're not happy that I'm here Ms. Eason." I sighed "that something is right Daniel. Now what do you want, I have somewhere to be." He fixed his already perfectly tied tie. "Is there anything I can do for you before I take my leave?" I looked down at nothing in particular and thought to myself. I had the perfect Idea to prepare me for what's to come in a couple of days. "There is...I want you to send 5 of the palace's best earth elementist to the training ground." I brushed passed Daniel's shoulder and walked down the hallway to the training ground. "A-are you sure Ms. Eason" he called out. "Now please!"

Rachel's POV

I stopped at the gold and white door and hovered my knuckles over it. My gut twisted and turned taking control of my arm. I fought back the urge to turn around and knocked on the painted wood. I quickly snatched my hand and looked it. "Why did you do that" I whispered. The door opened and I completely froze. A fair skinned, thin women appeared in the door step with a smug look. Her gray eyes looked down at me, she titled her head in confusion. "What are you doing at my doorstep?" I gave a weak smile and made myself look presentable.

"Y-your sister told me to look for you. She said you could help me." Vanessa looked me up and down then proceeded the close the door in my face. I put my foot in the way with a serious look. "I'm not taking no for an answer. "Fine" said Vanessa. She held the door wide open and invited me into her home. A strong gust of wind blasted me into the cool grass that was the front yard. I propped myself on my elbows and stared at Vanessa's cold look. "No!"

She slammed the door and a few seconds later the sprinklers came on. I ran out of the yard and banged on the door. "Hey! Heeey!" I know I'm asking for whatever that's gonna come, but I'm not about to just give up. I banged on the door a couple more times and even threw in a few kicks as well. The door was still closed, Vanessa wasn't going to hear me out. I walked around the side of the house to find some way inside. I stopped in front of a big window, which I assumed was the family room window. I planted my feet into the grass and forced the wind up against the window. I pushed my arms forward increasing the speed of the wind.

I saw fingers with black fingernail polish grip the purple satin curtains and pull them back. Vanessa had an evil smirk on her face. She tapped her lips and she signaled me around towards the front. I lowered my hands and let the wind return to it's normal speed. I walked around towards the front door very cautious. The door was yet again wide open, Vanessa's face...very friendly. "Don't worry I won't do it again" she said with a smile. I distinctively manipulated the wind around me, using it to repel anything that came my way.

I stepped over the threshold and glanced into Vanessa's gray eyes. She flicked her wrist and I felt the air pressure hit my chest. If I didn't use the wind as a shield, that would've easily sent me flying back. I walked passed Vanessa into her warm house. I looked all around the house, the aesthetics were very amazing. I sat down on a comfortable couch in the living room, Vanessa sat on the opposite side nodding her head. "Ah, so you've learned from your mistake. That's good."

"Thanks for letting me in, it really means a lot to me that-" She put her hand up signaling me to stop. "I already knew you were coming. I just needed too see what kind of student you were. I'll have to show you tough love through all of this." I nodded my head and tried to stay calm to hide my excitement. "I don't have anything planned, so we'll start right away."

"Oh. Right now? Well, I can't stay in the Air District for too long." Vanessa eyed me suspiciously and crossed her arms. "Where do you have to be? How long can you stay?" I fiddled with my fingers, debating whether to tell her or not. "I have to go back to the Fire District...before midnight." Vanessa studied me and unfolded her arms. "That'll be enough time for the first training session." I nodded my head and followed her to wherever she was going.

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE!