Chapter 18

You are now entering the Fire District.

The introduction was similar to the Water District except for a few things.

Images of another sports team, a couple of restaurants, streets and what not.

Our Emperor is second to none. Roy fought for honor and glory. Now he hope to pass on that honor and glory to the next emperor.

Roy was wearing red camo pants, with black boots. His black tank top, showed his muscles cleanly.

A silver necklass gripped his neck. Over everything was his emperor trench coat. Red and black, with flame print.

Yellow, orange, and red streamers hang at the end of it. Roy's 5' 0 clock shadow and gray hair, put emphasis on his age.

No wonder he's retiring soon, he looks about 40 to 45.

Have a great day in the Fire District. I walked out the portal, to see the exact same equipment as the last CTS. Wow, you would've thought something would be different.

It seem to take Rachel and Devote a little longer to come out of the portal. I waited a couple of minutes before seeing Devonte walk out of the portal with a straight face. Followed my Rachel with a grin on hers.

I walked right over to get my shot from the girl behind the counter. Whenever I tried to meet her eyes, she quickly looked away. What's up with her. I was tempted to summon my sword, just before heading out of the double doors.

Something tells me he wouldn't send it just yet, he knows we are expecting someone to want to kills us. Rachel let out a sigh as soon as we left the CTS. "Thank god no one is waiting for us" she said.

Devonte walked ahead and looked around the parking lot. "Mmm. No sign of anything suspicious" he said walking ahead.

I checked my watch 12 pm. I walked at a steadied pace, no destination in mind. The sun was beating down on us. It was way much cooler in the water District.

Devonte suddenly stopped walking. "What are we gonna do? There's no one threatening us and we can't use the CTS for another 24hrs."

Rachel's face lit up with excitement. What could possibly make her this happy. "We could buy a couple of things, you know. Relax and take a day off" she said. I looked at Devonte and he shoved a hand in his pocket.

"Yeah I could use some alone time to gather my thoughts" he responded. Yeah, why not right. Emma might even join me since I'm going to be alone and all. Also I've had my mind on something for a awhile now.

"Yeah, that sounds great" I said. Reaching into the pack, I pulled out the rest of the money and gave a certain amount to the both of them. We need to budget our money until this is over.

"We meet here at the CTS when we are out of money, and settle down at 9. Deal?"

They agreed to these terms and went about their business. I stretched my arms. I have 9 hours to do what I want. What should I buy? Should I go see a movie? A park?

Ah. I set off to the nearest store.

7 hours later

I did absolutely nothing. I only bought one bag of chips. Everywhere I went, there was this annoying little whispering sound. I bet Rachel is having the time of her life and Devonte, I don't know he's been acting weird.