Stay safe

I was hiding behind Rachel, Childishly. I looked at Zack...he didn't kill us yet. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I was nervous. He could kill us if we even smile. I saw him looking towards Rachel, I quickly removed my gaze from him. His scythe was over my head. Just don't move an inch.

"That Doctor on the last floor-- did you know him?" He asked curiously. I didn't say anything, just looking at the door of the elevator as it still goes up. A drop of sweat went down my forehead. Rachel didn't say anything, she was clam or just day dreaming, maybe?

"Ugh. Never mind." Zack said irritated, turning his head towards the elevators wall on his side. Silence once again appeared in the elevator. It's true that elevators are the most awkward place in the world.

"So do you know him?" Rachel said, I looked at her with my eyes widen. Zack looked at her.

"Who?" he said arrogantly.

"The doctor..." I said shaking a bit.

"You called him by his name." Rachel finished for me. I sighed.

"Huh? You sure I did? I guess I forgot about that." He said. I looked at him confused. The elevator door dings. My eyes sparkle freedom!? My face looked disappointed as I clasped on to my hands and knees.

"We're only on the next floor up. I forgot about that. The elevator took so long, I thought we left. Damn you levers." I said to myself in defeat.

"Here we go." Zack said walking ahead, I got up grabbing Rachels hand, I'm not letting her anywhere near him... Rachel stopped looking at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"SHHHHH!" I covered her mouth. "Do you hear that?" Rachel nodded pointing towards the water.

"It's coming from the water." Zack turned his head, looking at us.

"Leave it alone. It's probably nothin' useful." He turned around, we still stared at the spot where the water was bubbling. "We gotta keep moving!" Rachel turned towards him.

"Do you even know enough about this place to make that assumption?" Rachel asked calmly.

"Huh?" I looked at Rachel, almost laughing. I covered my mouth with one hand as I chuckled a bit. Quickly I stopped.

"Well, I'm not an expert or anything. All I know is, they told me I could kill whoever I want to in here, so I just went with it. I'm sure it's the same with the other sickos on the other floors." I stayed silent. What if there were worse psychopaths' then Zack. I need to protect her. I was lost in my thoughts until I felt someone dragging me by my sleeve. I looked down seeing that it was Rachel, I felt my face soften. I grabbed her hand and continued. I slowly stopped along with the rest.

"What the hell?" I said staring in disgust.

"That's weird." Zack said,

"There's graves." Rachel said.

"I knew it, something smelled like dirt down here. Ugh." Zack said walking forward.

"Uh, Zack-" I shook Rachel and motioned her to not talk. I had a toothy smile. I turned around hearing Zack yelp.

"DAMMIT IT'S CLINGING TO MY FEET! UGH, WHY IS IT SO STICKY!?" I laughed a bit. I noticed something quickly walking close to Zack still shouting. "GROSS! THIS IS NOT MY DAY!" I looked at him smiling, sorta with a nervous expression. Maybe I was trying to hold my laughter? Maybe, I always had a problem in finding small things funny. Maybe that's why- "Hey why are you looking at me like that?" He sneered at me, knocking me out of my thoughts. He looked at Rachel "Are you fantasizing
About getting into one of these?" He asked. I moved closer, I peered over Rachels shoulder. I stared at her trying to meet where her gaze was starting.