Chapter Four

Everything had happened so fast, first, she was beating herself up internally for her words, then she was all over Denki, the next moment he was telling her he wanted (technically "willing") to wait forever? Had she not made it obvious how crazy he made her? Jirou contemplated everything that had happened. After the event, she spent the rest of the day trying to forget with her friends. However, despite her attempt, she couldn't seem to push the thought that she and Denki might never get past 2nd base. They had their open mouth kisses, and he had touched her under her shirt—braless may she add, but they had never done much more than that.

"Jirou?" Looking up to meet her best friend's call.

"Momo?" She responded.

"Are you alright? Are you still thinking about Kaminari?" Yaoyorozu asked. Jirou sighed deeply.

"It's really difficult not to, you know? Our entire relationship he's been amazing--I mean sure we'd have our fights but they were always solved so fast--he has done everything to make me happy--and succeeded I'll add," Jirou struggled. "Now, this next-level stuff is difficult, because I want it, but I am pretty sure he does not want to do it nearly as much as I do."

"Jirou, I honestly doubt that." Yaoyorozu quickly laughed at such, in her opinion, a blind statement. Even an idiot would have to be completely blind to not see how Kaminari looked at Jirou, just how she looked at him. While there were plenty of instances where all there was, was pure adoration--it had certainly evolved into a drastic feeling that despite what they believed was so easy to see. Lust, that was all it was. There was no other way to describe what they wanted from each other. "I have seen it, how you glance at one another--it is honestly worse than PDA."

No words left Jirou, it was an overall difficult spot. In the end, she knew that she would have to talk to Kaminari at the end of it all. No matter how much she'd like to say she knew him--every day she was learning something new about him. It was incredibly rare if what she learned--she disliked. Jirou nodded at Yaoyorozu's statement, agreeing with her words not paying any attention though. Quickly she excused herself.

Kaminari walked into the elevator, deciding to go to the first floor. Upon the doors opening, he was immediately greeted by Kirishima who held a wide smile. Kaminari greeted him. Although he held a smile, he was certainly in down spirits. Kirishima, of course, noticed that right away.

"Hey man, what's wrong?" Kirishima got into the elevator with Kaminari. Kaminari decided to stay in the elevator to talk to the red-haired man. Kirishima pressed the fourth-floor button, watching as the elevator doors slowly closed.

"I feel like I did something horrible." Kaminari bit his lower lip.

"What happened?" Kirishima asked.

"I think I might be pushing Jirou, you know we've been together for a while--which isn't a determining factor in anything, but it certainly has made me feel these things for her--" suddenly a slam on the elevator emergency stop button shut Kaminari up.

"I'm going to stop you right there," Kirishima stopped smiling, Kaminari looked up at him concerned. He was glaring heavily at Kaminari, seeming to look him up and down like he was contemplating whether to kill him or not. "When you guys have started getting hot and heavy--and she told you to stop did you stop?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, after she told you to stop did you complain until she let you touch her again?"

"No? I only ask her to kiss me when she pretends to be mad at me." Kaminari replied.

"Okay," Kirishima was still frowning. Makes sense. "Final question, have you asked her before you went farther? Or do you plan on asking her before you go forward?"

"Yeah, of course," Kaminari answered truthfully.

"Good," Kirishima finished pressing the button on the elevator to let it continue climbing. "Looks like consent isn't the issue here," Kaminari's eyes went wide at the statement. That, that was what the questions were about? Of course, he would never force Jirou to do something he didn't want to do. But that fell with the fact that he had convinced himself that all her advancements were merely out of guilt. "Seems to me like you just have to talk to her, you're insecure." Kirishima returned to his smiley self. Which occasionally frightened Kaminari, it was very apparent why he and Bakugou got along so well.

"Probably, and I do want to talk to her--I just don't know how to have a conversation with her about this sort of stuff." Kaminari contemplated.

"Just find her and talk to her, you guys need to have this talk if you want this relationship to ever work." Kaminari stiffed at Kirishima's words, by everything he wanted him and Jirou to last. This was not just some casual thing--Kaminari was determined, Jirou was the only woman on the planet for him. He had found his soulmate.

"You're right, I know you're right." Kaminari rubbed the back of his neck. He watched as the elevator door opened on the fourth floor, Kirishima gave Kaminari a wordless smile and walked out of the elevator heading for his door.

Kaminari watched as the doors closed. He looked at the buttons, the elevator was going to the first floor and before he could change course to return to his room it opened, there stood his girlfriend, just as surprised to see him on the other side of the doors.

Silently, Jirou stepped into the elevator. It's now or never.

"I love you Kyoka." Before Jirou could even think about what to say, Kaminari beat her to speak.

"I, I love you too Denki" she replied with a nervous smile. "Is everything okay?"

"We need to talk, about some... stuff."

*Published October 26th 2021*