Chapter Seven

When Felix wakes up, he panics when he doesn't recognize his surroundings

When Felix wakes up, he panics when he doesn't recognize his surroundings. He isn't in his room, or even his apartment, and he's laying on a loveseat in what looks like an office. Thats when he realizes he isn't alone. Minho is seated behind a wooden desk, typing something on his computer; he looks up when Felix shifts.

"Mornin' sleeping beauty," Minho says, standing from his chair to walk over to Felix. "Remember what happened earlier?" He asks, kneeling beside the seat so that he's face to face with the younger omega.

"I..." Felix remembers Minho telling him he doesn't skate with enough passion, and assigning the others to teach him a routine. He also remembers falling on his ass a couple times, at first, then...he remembers Hyunjin's growl. He hadn't seen his face, but he can imagine it was intimidating when he growled at Jisung for touching him. He remembers smelling nothing but cinnamon, slowly taking over his brain, then...nothing. He doesn't know how he made it here, or why, but he hopes Minho will explain .

"Yeah, I assumed you wouldn't remember everything," Minho sighs. "You went into subspace, mostly because alphas have the most fragile prides." The coach rolls his eyes.

"Subspace?" Felix was shocked. Subspace was for omegas, real omegas, and sure he'd know for some time that he was an omega but this just made it so...real. Subspace only happens when an omega is suddenly exposed to the strong scent of an alpha, common during an alpha's rut, but also common when an alpha got too possessive and tried to protect an unclaimed omega; Felix assumes that is what happened.

"Yes. I removed you from the situation before it could get serious, and the good thing is no one got hurt, but I'm gonna need to have a serious chat with our big-headed alphas," Minho huffs, then stands, grabbing something from his desks before turning to Felix again. "Here, rub this around your scent glands."

He hands Felix a jar of clear ointment, and the younger eyes it suspiciously before shrugging and following the older's instructions. He notices immediately that Minho's scent, although subtle to begin with, become virtually invisible. If he were to close his eyes, he wouldn't be able to tell anyone was there at all; which is slightly worrying.

"Since your nose is especially sensitive right now because of what happened, this should help make things not so overwhelming."

"Why...did I go into subspace? Did one of the other's start their rut?"

"You see...uh...it's really not my right to tell you. Actually, the reason should be here any-" Before Minho can finish his sentence, the office door slams open, and an out of breath Hyunjin stands in the doorway, paper bag in his hand.

"I've...got...the medicine." He huffs, and his long hair is dripping water onto the office floor. Now that Felix looks closer, the alpha is soaked, his grey sweats and t-shirt painted with darker spots; was it raining outside? As if the Gods themselves heard his question, a loud boom filled the room: thunder.

"Finally, he just woke up," Minho says, unbothered by Hyunjin's disheveled appearance. Felix stands, legs slightly wobbly, and puts a hand on the taller's arm.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin just stares at him, confused.

"Am I okay? Are you okay!?" Hyunjin asks, eyes comically wide; he ignores Minho's amused snort.

"I feel okay, just a little light headed. It's better now that Hyung gave me some ointment," Felix smiles, and Hyunjin forgets to breath. Minho says something, but his ears don't pick up the words, focused totally on the omega in front of him.

"Earth to Hyunjin."

"Huh?"

"I said, you have something to give to Felix, don't you Hyunjin?" Minho repeats slowly, and the taller blushes as he nods. He reaches into the paper bag to retrieve a small, brown bottle.

"I know omegas sometimes get headaches and stuff after a subspace, and my sister says this helps so." He offers the bottle to Felix, who takes it; Hyunjin keeps himself from cooing at the other's small hands.

"Thank you, that's really thoughtful."

"Well it was my fault, so..." Hyunjin smiles sheepishly, adverting his eyes.

"Yeah, it was. And I hope that this will never happen again?" Minho asks, arms crossed sternly over his chest. Hyunjin is quick to nod, and Felix finds the way he blushes adorable, barely able to fight the urge pinch the alpha's cheek.

"Of course not, Hyung, I promise it won't happen again."

"Good. Now, Hyunjin, I think you owe Felix an explanation?" Minho raises a brow at the taller, and Hyunjin's eyes widen once again, this time looking at his coach with pleading eyes. "It'd had to come out eventually, kid."

"W-What are you guys talking about?" Felix was getting nervous with all the coded language, not to mention the weird looks both of them were giving him.

"I need to tell you something, Felix, something important." Hyunjin swallows nervously, and he looks up at Minho again.

"My cue to leave. Um, just don't break anything, okay?" Minho winks at Hyunjin who's face is so red he might as well blend in with his red shirt, then leaves his office. Felix looks even more confused at Minho's words, but doesn't ask for an explanation.

He's honestly too worried to care. Was Hyunjin going to tell him he couldn't skate with them anymore? Or that he was weirded out by his clinging earlier, and wanted him to stay away from him? This was bad. Felix knew he shouldn't have gotten attached. He knew he had a habit of getting too close to people too soon, making them eventually push Felix away for being too clingy. He knew that, and once he met Hyunjin he knew he had to stay as far away as possible to not get attached, but he just couldn't, and now it was too late.

"Listen-"

"I-I'm sorry if I weirded you out earlier, by going into subspace. I've never done that before and it's all so new to me, being an omega I mean and-" Felix was nearly crying now, more sensitive then usual, which was saying a lot, but it was probably due to the subspace.

"Hey, hey look at me," Hyunjin takes Felix face in his hands, brushing a single tear away with his thumb. "I'm not weirded out, it was my fault anyways. You could never weird me out, Felix, okay?"

"It's just I know I'm clingy sometimes."

"I'm the last person that would complain about that. In fact, I wish you'd be more clingy. You could never do anything to make me not want to be around you because..." Hyunjin's heart is racing in his ears, hands shaking where they lay on Felix's cheeks.

"Because I imprinted on you."

Ohhh cliffhanger. Don't hate me, it had to be done for added dramatic effect. Either way the cats outta the bag, let's see who it sinks it's claws into first.