This is the Mandarin?

Tony explained Extremis quickly: in 1999, on the verge of 2000, he met scientist Mia Hansen, who showed him a genetically modified fern that could heal itself. Unfortunately, it was unstable. Earlier that day, Mia had come to his home needing help with something. It was a bit for Yaoyorozu and Todoroki to take in. After a few minutes of driving, and after Tony made a call to a friend of his named Rhodey, Yaoyorozu's stomach growled loudly. Both Todoroki and Tony looked at her in confusion. She blushed slightly.

"Sorry," she said, "I'm hungry. Didn't get the chance to eat anything before we left, and my quirk uses lipids."

Todoroki put his hand on his stomach, feeling slight hunger as well.

"Food doesn't sound that bad," he said.

Tony stopped in a parking lot with lots of cars and a few news vans. Nearby was a 24/7 restaurant called Waffle House. Tony tossed them a change of clothes and a fifty.

"There's a restaurant," Tony said, "go eat while I take care of some business here. And be discreet. The world thinks I'm dead, I'd like for the Mandarin to not see me coming for a change."

He left, and Todoroki and Yaoyorozu put the clothes on over their costumes. They then went to the Waffle House.

"Hello," said a very unenthusiastic greeter, "welcome to Waffle House. Take a seat, and someone will service you soon."

They took a seat at a table for two and read the menus. They were honestly surprised that they didn't just serve waffles. They took their orders and just waited for their food.

"I think this is a first for me," Yaoyorozu said, "if I ever wanted to eat something back home, my parents would have a cook, baker, or chef make it. But I've never been to a restaurant."

"Most of the restaurants I've been to back home," Todoroko said, "I typically just place an order ahead of time, and it's ready when I arrive. I haven't had to tell someone what I want directly."

"And how is it that this place serves more than just waffles?"

"Perhaps that's what it started as before the palette expanded."

A couple minutes later, their food was there. Yaoyorozu, who had a chicken sandwich with fries, scarfed hers down again, while Todoroki, who had a burger and fries, ate normally. She had completely finished her food while he was still on his main dish. She began stealing some of his food since she was still hungry. He finished his burger and began on the fries still left. At the last fry, which was a long one, their hands touched, and they looked at each other, staring into each others eyes. They slowly brought the fry up and took an end in their mouths. They slowly ate it until there was about an inch between them. Their eyes closed.

"Whenever you two are ready to go," Tony said, "I know how the bo -"

Their eyes flew open, and they bolted back in their seats, their faces red in embarrassment.

"Oh," Tony said, "did I interrupt something?"

They both began vehemently denying anything was between them.

"Heh," Tony said, "well pay, and let's get going."

Todoroki left the fifty on the table as the waiter came back to ask if they wanted more.

"That should cover their meal and more than cover your tip," Tony said, "thanks for feeding them."

They got back in the car, and drowsiness struck Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Much like their flight there, Yaoyorozu fell asleep with her head on Todoroki's shoulder. Only while they slept, Todoroki's arm wrapped around her. They slept soundly that way until the morning.