4.

And let's fall in love one more time

Flashback

A week had passed by and nobody had seen nor heard from Wonho. A worried Shownu debates going over to his house, in hopes of catching him off guard. He was already standing outside Wonho's front door, nervously biting his lip.

Should he just walk inside or knock?

Shownu was about to knock on his door when it opened. And there, stood Wonho ogling back at an equally surprised Shownu. Wonho averted Shownu's gaze.

"Wonho, we need to talk." Shownu began, his voice calm but serious.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know it's bad of me to like your younger sister," Wonho burst out, walking back inside his house to which Shownu entitled himself to enter. "We've been together for so many years as friends. It's just wrong to have these feelings."

With a sad smile, Shownu retorted. "No, it's not wrong. I kinda had a feeling that you would have fallen in love with her. And I have an inkling that she feels the same way."

Wonho scoffed and just looks at him in disbelief. "No, she does not. Y'know how many guys she dated? I dated no one. I'm trying to get over my feelings for her but it's hard. Especially when I saw Kihyun flirting with her."

Shownu pursed his lips in thought before he lurched forward to grasp Wonho's arm, dragging him out of the house. Wonho stumbled and nearly hit the ground if it wasn't for Shownu's iron grip that balanced him.

"What are you doing?!" Wonho yelled struggling to break free. "Stop, where are you taking me?!"

"To my house." Shownu nonchalantly replied. "It's time that you deal with this. Tell her how you feel. If she rejects you then she rejects you. If she accepts you, then make her happy."

Wonho soon ceased his struggles of evading Shownu and went limp, enabling him to keep tugging him along.

An hour has passed with Wonho nervously sitting in a rigid position on their couch, throwing out his leg to help himself calm down. Shownu sighed and picked up the cold mug of coffee from in front of Wonho to replace it. His actions freeze when he hears the front door click open.

"I'm home!" Hina sings out and Wonho felt his breath hitch. "Oppa— Uh, Wonho?"

Hina now stands at the foyer of the living room, curiosity beaming in her eyes at the unexpected guest. Wonho swallows thickly before standing up.

"Hina," He began, voice soft. Each syllable of her name dripping past his lips like honey milk. "We need to talk."

Hina glances behind Wonho to spot her brother who gave her a curt nod of ease. She silently followed behind him as they went onto the roof. A breeze blew past them and Hina delighted in the quietude.

“Uhm,” Wonho, who had walked right to the railing of the roof took a quick peek down, turned to face at his side and clenched the cold metal railing in his palm. “Hina. I'm— I'm sceptical of the exact day I started feeling this way. How all those years finally accumulated to this moment but something I've become really sure of is that my feelings for you are genuine and thriving. I'm sorry for being such a jerk for the past months. It's because... I didn't know what to do or how you'd react...”

“Wonho,” Hina bent her head to get a better view of his face. “What are you getting at? If you've been dating someone and—”

“No, Hina,” Wonho's voice had come out smothered and hoarse. He had refused to meet her eyes until now when he dragged it from her tennis shoes to the blossoming pinks of her cheeks and the freshly brewed coffee browns of her eyes. “Hina, I'm in love with you.”

Wonho awaited for a slap, a string of profanities or even the light sound of her shoes against the concrete as she walked away. But nothing came and a minute of silence in her presence felt longer than it should have.

His gaze had dropped from her moments ago and so he was staring at the rusty railing that secured them from tumbling over. Perhaps he should test it out.

Tumbling over.

“Wonho,” Her voice was a choked whisper and he dared to meet her gaze, once more. Tears had already raced down the expanse of her cheeks and it appeared as if she's holding more in. “Is this why you've been avoiding me? Because you love me? You don't do that when you're in love with someone, Wonho! You tell them! You do everything in your power to make them happy!"

Wonho wasted no time in reaching her and pulling her close, using the side of his thumb to brush a few stray tears before cupping her face. "I love you. And all I want is for you to be happy and I know you won't be happy with me. I'm broken, you know th—"

"You don't get to decide what will make me happy and what won't. I want to be with you too Wonho,” Hina was undeterred. "If you just give me a chance I can prove that I can make you happy."

It took him a couple of heart palpitations and wild thoughts running in the spectrum of his mind before giving in with a nod. His arms around her tightened before pulling her body closer.

"Okay, let's give this a shot."

Hina couldn't help but giggle, her cheeks becoming more flush with the afternoon sun. "So we're a couple?"

"Yeah, we're a couple," Wonho repeated, gently. His fingers tangling at the edges of her hair. "Now time to get my ass beaten by your brother."

The two broke out in fits of laughter, totally unaware of the relief that has washed over them both. A lean outline of Shownu's body was evident by the door to the roof but not as much as the smile that decorated his lips.

Wonho placed a tender kiss on Hina's hairline. They started to talk about their day and what this meant for them in this relationship at the time.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovelies
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

RihisNation7 for the beautiful banner

wineisredder and inky_jin for helping me with this story