5.

I need you now by my side

Flashback

Hina and Wonho were dating for a year now. Things hadn't been a bed of roses and they've had their fair share of ups and downs. And this time, Wonho was really going through a hard time at work and had no clue what to do nor how to legislate it.

The low creak of his office door was heard and soon Hina popped her head inside. Her eyes scanned his black and blue, aesthetically decorated office before finally landing on the male behind the desk. Her eyes softened up once she noticed his stance.

Hunched over the desk with his elbows resting on numerous unscrolled plans and sketches. His head was cradled in the palm of his hands. Hina came over to him but Wonho hadn't even picked up his head once to concede her presence.

"Hey, Wonho," Hina greeted, trudging in front of his table. "Are you okay? Did you fall asleep?"

She curiously tilted her head to the side before lifting a finger to poke him. Instantly, Wonho had her wrist clenched in his fist and a dark look in his eyes as he stared up at her.

“What do you want? I have things to do, stuff to plan, and errands to run. I can't believe you're coming to my office, you'll only be a nuisance.” Wonho spar out, his eyes distant and cold.

Hina just stared back at Wonho, her eyes burning with the weight of his words but she refused to cry. Suddenly that dark look on his face vanished and was replaced by failure. His hand around her wrist weakened before he let go.

Hina was now teary-eyed but she denied to let the tears fall. She merely pulled back her hand and rubbed the spot where she knew that a bruise might make its decadent arrival on her cream, pale skin.

"Hina," Wonho sighed, unable to meet her eyes so he transferred it to the incomplete sketches that were all over his black table. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. I've been on edge lately and there's been just too much going on. We've got a new manager and they are driving me crazy and giving me hells. I have five projects to complete by this weekend. _Five_. I just," A sharp intake of breath. "I don't know what to do anymore. It feels as if I'm being crushed from all sides."

Once again, Wonho threw his head into the cradle of his palms. Hina rubbed her eyes with the back of her sleeve and waltzed around the table to him. She placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezed it reassuringly and squatted down beside him.

"Hey now," She began. Her voice was the pinnacle of comfort. Wonho pulled away his hands to look at her. "I know this may all seem horribly impossible, that everything feels as if you've been through into a compressor machine. But you can do it. And even if you can't, there's no need to blame yourself. You're human. We all are. There's always a silver lining. A bright light at the end of the tunnels. The present may suck for a while but all you need to do is focus on the future. Not the past nor present. I know you, Wonho. I know that you're a fighter and a strong person. You wouldn't let something like this become your obstacle, now would you?"

Wonho would've teared up right then and there if it wasn't for Hina who already did it. A small sad smile graced his lips before he reached out and wiped away a few stray tears from her.

"I don't think I would've known what to do in the world without you in my life, truly," Wonho says, his own eyes betraying him by tearing up. Hina had stood up straight now and Wonho took the chance to lace his arms around her and bury his face in her stomach.

"I'll always be here by your side," Hina says, running a hand through his locks. "I'll always be there to comfort you."

Wonho gets up from his swivel chair and kisses Hina in one swift, movement. He was grateful that Hina was a part of his life, grateful that a future awaited them, grateful to have that future with her.

But those thoughts just led to more disappointment to his biggest downfall.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovelies
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

RihisNation7 for the beautiful banner

wineisredder and inky_jin for helping me with this story