6.

It tears me up when you turn me down

Flashback

As time went on it became more and more difficult for Hina and Wonho to meet up, nowadays. From their usual, work and lectures meetups to their weekend dates, it all had seemed to dissolve as time went on.

Hina had come up with excuses such as campus giving her hells so many times that Wonho had decided to give the girl her space. But even he could see the evident transition in their relationship, how they've been veering apart.

"Tomorrow night?" Wonho repeated, the sleek black of his phone was pressed against his left ear.

"Yep, the party's gonna be awesome. We haven't held one in a long time." Shownu chuckled on the other side of the line.

"Yeah, that seems fun."

Wonho's eyes shifted to Hina's contact and he hovered his thumb over the call icon for what seemed like infinity. Bothering her and becoming a bother when she was deep in studying was the last thing Wonho would want to do. But he thought that perhaps Hina needed some time off from those books. Get invigorated with a party.

So he dialled her up with the purpose to invite her over to the party, with him.

"Hello?" Hina's voice appeared after four rings.

"Hey, Hina," Wonho greeted her, a small smile tugging at his lips. He hasn't heard her voice in a while. "Shownu's throwing a party tomorrow night, I was wondering if you'd like to come to it, with me."

The line was silent for a few seconds before he could hear her sigh. "There you go again, forcing me to do what you want to do. Gosh, Wonho. Don't you understand?! I don't have free time to just kill like you, so don't be so selfish and insensitive. Why do you always think about yourself? I'm already having a hard time as is on campus. They've been putting so much pressure on me and I'm just too tired of everything. I don't have time to go to stupid parties."

Wonho felt as if he was stabbed with an arrow labelled 'Guilt'. "Hina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. I know you're so stressed and busy, I'm so sorry for troubling you at a time like this. Whenever you're free, you can tell me and perhaps we can have dinner," Wonho was standing on the pavement, waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. "I just... I just wish that we could be by each other's side, more."

Another breathtaking silence before she replied the same time the light twinkled green and everyone began to cross, but him. "I'm sorry for overreacting. The stress is getting to me and in my head. I love you."

Wonho smiled, continuing to walk along the pavement. "I love you too, Hina."

They both said their goodbyes before cutting the call. Wonho sighs and stuffs his hands into the midst of his pockets. Turning the corner, he was about to enter a cafe when he noticed two figures at the other end of the contrary street.

He spots Hina with someone he would have never expect. They were holding hands, swivelling around as the two spoke, giggling and being all utopian. They were having a good time. Wonho's jaw clenched and his heart broke. It ached so much that he evacuated his original detour and headed straight home.

But yet, he never questioned her. He just didn't know what to make of such a discovery.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovelies
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

RihisNation7 for the beautiful banner

wineisredder and inky_jin for helping me with this story