Chapter-16

Agent stood on a hill overlooking on Lily of the Valley Island. His search for Mewtwo had brought him here. Agent had heard rumours of a very small blue tail of light that had ended here, and had come to investigate. And there was one person he knew would know. He walked down the hill, heading for the main administration block on the island. As he walked he thought about his other assignment. Find out who the Pokémon Master really was. It was galling really, to be so totally unable to work it out; he had never had a failure like this before. In the immediate aftermath of the assignment, Agent had found out as much as he could about the first time that Team Rocket was attacked. He hadn't been part of the organization then and so had to search through the sparse records from the time. The man who had attacked then had come from nowhere. There had been no warning, just a slaughter. Of all the Rockets in the headquarters underneath Viridian City, only one had escaped. Giovanni himself. The boss had sacrificed his organization in order to preserve himself. Four years on, and the man had struck again, only from a position of far greater power. That was all that Agent had to go on in uncovering his opponent's identity. Although he suspected that if he could get Mewtwo back under Rocket control, the Genetic Pokémon might have an answer. Agent clenched his fists in annoyance. He had thought he was the master of the game of subterfuge, but he had been made to look like a novice. The Pokémon Master had made all of Team Rocket look like a fool. And that annoyed Agent.

Reaching the main area of the Sinnoh League, he smiled at the lack of security. It was a common feature of the Pokémon League; anybody was able to walk into the reception of the administration block. Getting further however, would be a challenge. Thankfully he knew how to manage it.

"Good morning." Agent said warmly, flashing a smile at the receptionist as he walked through the doors. "I was wondering, is Cynthia in? I have urgent business to discuss with her."

The receptionists gaze flicked up to look into the relaxed, trusting face of Agent and she smiled back. "I'm sorry Sir, Miss Shirona is currently unavailable."

His smile never faltering, Agent looked into the eyes of the receptionist. "She will see me."

"No Sir, you don't understand. She isn't here. She left two weeks ago."

Agents mind started to process the news, whilst he continued to speak. "When will she be returning? This is urgent."

"She hasn't set a return date." The receptionist answered. "And I'm sorry, but I don't know where she was going. Is there anything else I can help you with Sir?"

"No, thank you. Enjoy your day." Agent turned on his heel and strode out of the building, his mind in turmoil. Where might she have gone? As he headed across the island, he was working away on another problem. A sharp turn to the left and he walked straight into another building, crossing the entrance hall purposefully. He passed two men and a woman, none of whom questioned him; he looked like he belonged. Agent finally reached a room filled with computers. There was a keycard on the door, and he pulled out a card that he had swiped from one of the men in the corridor. The door silently opened and he stepped in. There was a terminal at the back, and Agent strolled over to it. As the terminal booted up, a password request flashed up. Agent pulled out a hard-drive and was soon into the system. Accessed the video files for two weeks previously. Found that Cynthia had nothing in her office. Quickly scanned for anything else across the rest of the building. And froze. The entrance to the Elite Four training area was watched, although the training area itself wasn't under surveillance. But that didn't mean that Agent didn't recognize the figure that had followed Cynthia out of the training area. Mewtwo had come to Sinnoh, and tried to hide with Cynthia. And then she had vanished, and the Genetic Pokémon had never returned to the training area over the next few hours. Agents mind was working furiously to try to work out where Cynthia and Mewtwo might have run off to. It wasn't positive. In fact, there was a single reason he could think of quickly that those two would team up. Cynthia had been removed from her role in Indigo due to events in Goldenrod; the attack on the Rocket Headquarters that she ruined. Mewtwo hated Team Rocket. Agent quickly unplugged his hard-drive and strode out.