Chapter 2

The nightclub Paraíso Del Club which Andrés Velasquez always goes to when he visit the island and they had a window of opportunity to catch him and bring him to justice before he leaves.

As this was an undercover operation, Inés let Max and Miranda leave early, so they could get change. Ever since the birdsmuggling ring, Max always had a clean outfit in the boot of his car just in case things get messy or muddy.

Max, who was outside waiting for Miranda to get ready, dressed in one of his best suits but with his tie loosened and his top shirt button undone. He was lent against his blue BMV, which he affectionally calls Bertha; that was a family heirloom, looking at his mobile waiting for Miranda. When Miranda finally emerged having spent around 2 hours to get ready, Max rolled his eyes.

"Well it's about ti" He stopped talking abruptly when he turned around to look at her. Oh, my life he thought does she look beautiful or what. Miranda was wearing a white short-sleeve shirt & black pants showed off her flawless figure which made Max's heart skipped its usual 2 beats and he stared at her open mouthed.

"Yes Max?" She laughed

"Erm. I well erm" He stuttered

"Are you always this articulate?" she joked. Max looked at her admiring the way the orange sunset rays were bouncing off the perfectly delectable features of her face, making her even more beautiful, if that's possible he thought.

***

As they approached the club by on foot – since there were no car park. As they were walking to the club every guy in a 3-mile radius was watching her, mesmerized. But it was almost as if their looks couldn't touch her, she was unattainable. That unattainable air did nothing to calm Max's death glares at the perusing men, not that anyone noticed his glares.

When Max and Miranda got there. They came up with a plan to get passed a very large and very scary bouncer which worked and they were allowed to enter & were now buying drinks. Miranda scanned the room looking for their target,

***

2 weeks prior, 'M&M' as they had come to be known around the Palma Police Precinct, had begun working a series of murders of young women from all over the world in the new upscale part of the city. As their investigation progressed, they came to suspect that the brand-new nightclub's owner's best punter was behind the murders. It seemed to everyone that he was using the club as a recruiting ground for young teenage/adult girls that he could force into a drug ring to distribute class A drugs around the Balearics and anyone who decided they wanted out of their so-called 'gig' would ended up dead but the catch was that the club's owner was rich, handsome and cocky, so they all agreed that he wasn't likely to go quietly nor was he likely to make it easy for them to collar him but arrogance was arrogance, so they figured the lord wouldn't be able to resist presiding over his manor.

***

Max and Miranda walked into another part of the club and were stunned by the loud vibrating music. The bright coloured lighting illuminated 'interesting' activities going on in the many nooks and crannies. They headed to the elevated seating area which was the best tactical position, avoiding the hungry gaze of the male populace. Things were going just as planned but after a while Miranda realised that she was thirsty again, she got up to go to the bar.

"Where you going?" Max asked

"Just to the bar to get a glass of water I'll be back in a minute" Max looked over at Andrés who was still sat over there.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No don't be daft I can manage perfectly well on my own thanks"