another thing to worry about

waking up early in the morning for something not really work related is so new to me;
i'd usually get up at like 5 or 6am and i'm not much of a morning person, but 4am? seriously??
i huffed and stare at my reflection, once again in just casual clothing and nothing but lip balm on my lips, i held my bags as i left my house, locking it in the process to get on one of the buses to the boot camp.

there were only two people on the bus with one of them being Perrie; so after storing my bags away, i sat down next to her with a half-hearted smile "you excited for the boot camp Pez?"
"mhm," she hummed, fidgeting with her fingers as she looked down "i'm just really nervous though-"

i gave her a quick side hug and rubbed her shoulder, "hey, i'm sure you'll do well. The judges loved you in the auditions, who's to say you wont make through the first day?"
"i hope you're right (Y/N).." she looked at me, her lips a pursed smile. i was unsure of how today's gonna end but i just hope that it'll end on a good note.

seeing how early it still is and how many empty seats there are, i could tell that this trip is going to take more than 2 hours; so as always, i pulled my phone out, plugged my earbuds in and putting one in my right ear as i turn to Perrie "hey Pez-?"

"mhm?" she turned to me from the window, 
"you wanna listen to music while we um- yknow go where this bus takes us?" i asked and she gave me a warm smile,
"sure"
and with that, i handed her one of my earbuds and she placed them in her left ear. as i pressed play, the intro to Viva La Vida by Coldplay began and i  just leaned backwards into my seat, closing my eyes.

(TimeSkip brought to you by say superbass, su-pa-bes)

as i felt the bus slowing down, i took a deep breath and exhaled, rubbing my eyes as i straightened my back. with a quiet yawn, i pushed my arms forward to stretch myself awake and readjust my senses. i moved my gaze to the window and saw a beautiful, nearly palace-like estate that had rays of windows on every building.

i then looked at Perrie, who seems to still be asleep. i gently shook her shoulder until she got up, telling her that we're here at boot camp. "wait- we're here already?" nearly jolting herself awake, she turned to the windows and gasped at the building outside the bus, "is this gonna be where we're staying?"
"seems like it.." i stood up as the other contestants got up and stepped out of the bus with their things, Perrie followed me as we both did the same as we left.

now with the sun still rising, the gentle wind blew as we walked on the pavement towards the estate, Selsdon Park, the sign at the gates read. we then gathered at a grassy clearing near the front of the place with the other contestants. 
while waiting for the judges to come, i decided to talk to Perrie along with other contestants, imagining about the whole training and talk about how's it gonna be like. after what seemed like an hour had passed, one of the contestants told me to turn around and as i do so, i saw Gary at the front with a microphone; he probably has something to tell us.

"it's been a really tough decision everybody," he started as he glanced at all of us, "but some of you are gonna be going home right now"
i could hear the whole crowd of contestants gasp at his words, including me. a nervous lump began to grow inside my throat along with subtle anxiety in my stomach because of that announcement; if i cant make it through boot camp, literally the training stage, then it's back to the same old life in the café. dont get me wrong, i love making drinks and hanging out with Jaclyn but i just can't seem to envision myself staying there until im 40 or something. 
i thought to myself, "i've to get through this, it's too late to chicken out now"

"and the only way for me and the other judges to decide on that," Gary continued, "is to see you guys on stage one more time, tonight we want to see if you still have the same star quality you had on your auditions. For now, you may settle in this hotel and make yourself at home, however, dont get too comfortable; remember, this is a competition. i wish you all the best of luck, thank you"

we all clapped at his speech and we all checked into the hotel, Perrie and i became roommates and we decided to go have some breakfast in the tea room. after we finished eating, we decided to go back to our room to warm up and and get ready for tonight's challange.