Girls Day

I woke up and Hunter was fast asleep next to me. I just knew he would wake up with a bad hangover. I was walking to the kitchen when I heard the doorbell. When I opened it, the whole friend group was there.

"Good morning!" they all said as they walked past me. 

"Where's Hunter?" Jack asked.

"He's sleeping. He was drunk last night." 

They all looked at each other weirdly.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I'll go get him," Mason said as the other men followed behind him.

Kennedy came next to me. "Why don't you go and get dressed? We're going to have a girl's day."

"How about we all help you pick something to wear," Lynda suggested as she looked on Sabrina and Kennedy.

I knew they were up to something but I'll play along.

I took them to my room because I hadn't fully moved over to Hunter's room so my clothes were still in there. I sat on my bed and watched them look through my closet. It was quite entertaining. They finally picked a white dress.

I took a quick shower then dressed. This was my first time wearing it and it felt pretty comfortable.

I walked back downstairs where the guys were sitting in the living room. Hunter looked a mess. Everyone went to their husbands so I went to Hunter.

"What's going on?" I whispered to him.

He shrugged with a smile. "Have fun on your girl's day."

He was in on it too so I was on my own. I gave him a death glare but he didn't seem to mind.

Lynda looked at her watch. "Let's go ladies we don't have all day."

We said goodbye to the guys and went into Kennedy's car but Lynda was driving. She wanted to use her vehicle but it was a minivan so the girls disagreed.

"So when is your due date, Lynda?" I asked.

"In about a week or less," she said casually.

We all stared at her.

"A week!? Aren't you suppose to be on bed rest?" Kennedy exclaimed.

She shrugged. "This isn't my first rodeo."

I wasn't 9 months pregnant as yet and I was already starting to feel limited to doing certain things.

We drove for 10 more minutes until Lynda pulled into a parking lot. We all got out.

"What even is this place?" I asked.

"It's a nail salon."

We all decided to get our nails done together.

"So how in the world did Hunter get so hungover?" Sabrina asked as the nail techs did our nails.

I laughed. "We went to a concert."

Kennedy's eyes opened wide. "Hunter? A concert? Never thought I would hear those two words in the same sentence."

We all laughed.

"You know what they say. A woman changes a man." Lynda added.

"Hunter must really love you," Sabrina said.

I still feel guilty for not telling them it was a sham but does it really matter now? Hunter and I are somewhat together now.

Sabrina started to cry.

"What's wrong Sabrina?" I asked quickly.

"It's Jack. I don't think he sees me as a wife. We're the only couple in the group who isn't married and we've been together longer than all of you."

It was weird that Jack didn't purpose as yet but I don't think it was for that reason. "Maybe he just doesn't want to mess up your relationship by marriage."

"Yeah you know Jack doesn't care about that stuff," Kennedy mentioned.

"All that matters is that he loves you," Lynda added.

"Aww, thanks, guys. When we're done doing our nails, you guys are gonna get hugs." Sabrina said and we laughed.

As soon as we were finished our nails we hugged. We all got different nail designs. Lynda got a black hello kitty design, I got a red flower design, Sabrina got a zebra print design and Kennedy got plain green.

I heard my stomach grumble. Mini Hunter and I haven't eaten since last night. I was going to get something to eat before the group came.

"You're hungry too?" Lynda whispered into my ear and I nodded.

We went back into the car and Lynda started driving.

"Where to now?" Kennedy asked.

"La Rosa," Lynda answered.

"Why?"

"Because they're serving breakfast and I'm hungry."

...

We got our food then started eating.

"Hey guys!" a woman said as she hugged the others.

She came to me and stretched out her arm. "Nice to meet you."

I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you too."

She sat down on the chair beside me. "I haven't seen you guys in forever. How have you been?"

"We've been good," Lynda said sternly. It seems like the group didn't want her here.

"How are your husbands?"

"Good."

She stopped talking for a while. "And Hunter? Did he divorce that woman as yet or as you guys like to call her 'heartless business witch'?"

Everyone stiffened in their chair.

Heartless business witch? Is that what they were calling me?

"Jasmine!" Sabrina shouted.

Jasmine as in Hunter's ex?

"Don't worry. As soon as he's done with her I'll win him back." she continued.

"Jasmine, meet Hunter's wife, Sophia," Lynda said.

Her eyes widened as she turned to me. She bowed down. "Mrs. Lodge, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

I ignored her and walked out to the car.

"Sophia, please hear us out." Kennedy pleaded.

"Let's just pretend this never happened and act happy about whatever surprise you guys have for me at my house," I said.

I'm a businesswoman. I'm supposed to be prepared for any betrayal when it comes to partnerships but I wasn't prepared for this one. They didn't seem like the friends to gossip behind your back so maybe that's what caught me off guard.

The drive was quiet, uncomfortable, and long but we reached nevertheless.

When I opened the door the guys were on the staircase drinking water. When they saw me they got up.

Hunter ran and placed a blindfold over my eyes.

"Wow, I totally didn't know this was going to be a surprise," I said sarcastically.

"Shut up," he replied in a playful tone.

I held on to the railing as he guided me up the stairs. We kept walking until he stopped. He removed the blindfold. We were now standing in front of a door.

"Ready?" he whispered and I nodded.

He opened the door to a beautiful nursery. The room was painted and decorated in a way for a baby but was still Hunter's style. It looked so good that I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

I turned to Hunter. I didn't even know what to say.

"It's okay," he said then pulled me into a hug.

Tears started flowing out of me. I hated all this crying. I would've never cried overseeing a nursery. I really needed his warm hug right now. Not just because of the nursery.

I looked back on the others. The guys looked pleased but the girls looked guilty.