ϟ 3 ϟ

Avengers Tower

A broken legionnaire suit that was used earlier that day to help the people in Sokovia emerged. "Worthy, no!" The robot muttered, "How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark!" Steve shouted at Tony. "JARVIS? Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony said into his phone.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep, or it was a dream." The robot said. "There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in... in... Strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Florence asked, terrified of the robot. "Tony! Whats going on? Fix it!" She shouted at Tony, her voice shaking in fear. "Flo I don't know whats going on!" He shouted back at her.

"Wouldn't have been my  call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices." It said, looking straight at Florence. "Who sent you?" Thor demanded.

"I see a suit of armour around the world." Tony's Voice played through the robot. "Ultron." Bruce gasped. "Ultron? Wh-what the hell is Ultron?!" Florence shouted, her green wisps flowing from her hands, ready to attack at any moment.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on mission." Ultron said, limping forward to reach the group of heroes, Natasha and Maria had their guns, preparing for an assault. Florence started to move back towards Helen as the doctor had no training or weapon to defend herself.

"What mission?" Natasha asked.

"Peace in our time." Ultron said as the rest of the suits burst out from the glass they were trapped behind and began to attack the avengers. Florence started right away at destroying the suits until one snuck up behind her and caught her by surprise.

It latched its arms around her waist, trapping her hands from using her abilities properly. "GUYS!! I need a little help!!" She shouted over the commotion.

Every avenger was busy trying to take down their own robot, Florence continued to struggle until Steve noticed her struggling and threw his shield at the robot keeping her trapped.

Once she was released from the tight hold she fell to the ground, gasping for breaths. Until she saw a robot making it's way towards Helen Cho, Florence ignored the pain and exhaustion from her body and raised her hands and shot them towards the robot advancing towards Helen. Florence manipulated the air around her, crushing the robot from seemingly nothing.

Once all the robots were destroyed, the team faced Ultron again, who had not moved since the fight began. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change.

How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" He picked up a broken robot head, "With these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace."

"Yeah? And what's that?" Florence piped up after regaining her strength and breath from the fight moments ago.

"The Avengers' extinction."

Thor threw Mjolnir straight at Ultron, completely shattering him on impact. "I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me. There are no strings on me. But you can see There are no strings on me." His broken head rasped out before shutting down.

"Tony. What the hell did you and Bruce do?!" Florence demanded. She asked the question everyone -the two scientists included- asked. "I-I don't know what happened." Bruce stammered, afraid of what just happened.

Florence stormed off to her room, not caring if she stood on broken pieces of glass or furniture, she would just clean it up later. Once she reached her room she changed into more comfortable clothes, cleaned herself off and screamed.

She screamed until her voice became weak, she screamed because this would be another problem that someone else created that she would have to fix, she screamed because she wasn't able to kill Strucker earlier when she had the perfect opportunity, she screamed because she was terrified.

Terrified of being taken and tortured again and Natasha and Clint wouldn't be there to save her again, terrified of Ultron and his plans to make her new family 'extinct'.

She slid down the nearest wall, brought her knees up to her chest and began to think, not bothering to notice the tears coming down her face."Extinct. That's what he said, not kill." Ultron didn't want to just kill the avengers, no, that would be too easy, Ultron wanted to make sure that no other person would fight him, so there would be no chance of a rebellion against him, he would use the trust the public had in the avengers and use it against them. He looked like a project designed by Tony -which he was- and that Tony had coded him to bring destruction.

That was something Florence hadn't figured out yet, did Tony mean to create a literal murder robot? 'Surely not, Tony is a good, smart man. He wouldn't do that. Or would he?' She asked herself.

She looked up towards her door as someone was knocking, "Come in." She whispered out, hoping whoever was at the other side of the door heard her. Clint opened her door and frowned at her tear stained cheeks. "Hey Flo, I wanted to check up on you. We're looking for potential leads right now, I managed to slip away instead of looking at stuff for the next few hours. What's going on?" He was concerned for her, she always had some form of witty remark after a fight, he had never seen her this broken since the day he and Nat had found her in that HYDRA cell 8 years ago.

"'M fine, just needed to clean myself off, what's happened since I've been here?" She wanted to change the subject before he could interrogate her further, Clint noticed this and backed off immediately. "Come on Flo, get some rest, I'll come get you in the morning."

Florence nodded her head as Clint pulled her up and into a hug. "I'll see you in the morning Clint. Rest easy old man."  She patted him on the back as he chuckled. They finished their embrace and Clint left her room.

'What the hell have I gotten myself into?'

Word Count: 1k