ϟ 13 ϟ

Maximoff-Brown House, Aberdeen, Maryland

One year after their arrest, Pietro and Florence had adapted to staying in a confined space together. They kept in contact with Wanda and Vision whenever they could, all of their communication had to be secret so the FBI wouldn't be able to track them. They communicated with Clint, Laura and the kid when they could. Cooper and Lila would constantly ask to visit and it broke both Pietro and Florence's hearts that they couldn't have them visit. Clint came down occasionally but not often as Agent James Woo -who was monitoring the couple and Scott despite them being based in California- would freak out and think that they were planning some elaborate escape plan.

They were forced to wear ankle monitors which was used to track their location at all times, meaning when they showered or took part in other activities, it got in their way, infuriating the couple.

As much as it hurt them, the couple hadn't spoken to Harry since Berlin. He had tried to reach out multiple times, through the phone, post and even showing up at their door unexpectedly. They just didn't know how to talk to him after he had betrayed them by choosing Tony's side.

Florence had decided to take up gardening; she still had a love for nature even without her mutation, there would be some times when she forgot it was gone and she couldn't garden the way she had always done. She had also taken up sewing, fixing up her and Pietro's old suits and making new ones in their garage. Florence wanted to make sure that if the time came, they would be able to help out with the correct attire.

Pietro had also taken up a hobby, cooking. It had started when he realised Florence could only cook a few things, lasagne, macaroni & cheese and an English classic; Sunday roast. Pietro ordered a few cook books and watched tutorials online and started making meals that his mother would make for their family when he was younger. It was a great way to keep him busy as he couldn't use his speed to its full potential which drove him mad.

Over the past two weeks, Florence had been getting a strange feeling in her gut that they were being watched, well more than the FBI's usual weekly checkups. She hadn't told Pietro of her feeling, Florence wanted to see if she was right or not.

She started to keep a note of what cars were driving by their neighbourhood, which house owned what car and who was coming in and out regularly that didn't live there. The only car that was suspicious was a blue sports car with all the windows tinted black. It came and parked two houses down at 11am on the dot and left at 9pm every day. Florence then knew that this was somebody who wanted to know what was going on inside her house and she was going to find out who they were and what they wanted.

After doing a bit of digging she found out who was watching her house. His name was William 'Billy' Evans, he was a Royal Navy Major but left after his squad was ambushed. Since then he became a private investigator. Florence and Pietro were the newest people he was paid to snoop on.