Regrets (Part 1)

***The borders of Devyere and Savoy, a few leagues into the Savoian territory...***

Concurrent with the events in the Dawson Valley area, the army of the Duke of Savoy, along with a contingent of soldiers from Nerfes under the command of Prince Simon Hugh Reed of Nerfes, waited in sweltering heat for the legions marching to conquer their land.

"..."

Like Amaranth, Savoy's west was covered in forests, which extended all the way to Devyere. Simon and his co-commander, the Duke of Savoy, purposefully encamped in a small clearing in the middle of the forest path, which led to the town of Huirot—the westernmost land in Savoy. The plan seemed simple, for the combined armies of Nerfes and Savoy simply blocked the road that had access to the country, and the rest of west of north Chersea. But Simon and the Duke also deployed men in an ambush around their flanks.

"..."

The entire allied force was apprehensive about the sounds of the approaching enemy army. From what they've gathered, it was composed of two legions, along with friendly Amaranthine armies, with a total number of 20,000 as opposed to their 15,000.

They are outnumbered.

Nevertheless, Sir Simon's efforts to bring in the Duke of Savoy into the coalition bore fruit, and with his cooperation, they could launch that ambush, leading to the Massacre at Devyere. Now that the Empire decided to strike back and invade Savoy and Stadtsberg, he felt it was his obligation to help the Duchy repel the Imperial legions from its land.

"Here they come." Simon heard the Duke muttered, "Time to tell these bastards that they are in the wrong place."

"Yes, Your Excellency!"

The first units of the Imperial legions finally appeared on their sight. It was the cavalry, and much to the allies' dismay, on the hands of the horsemen were several severed heads of their comrades. Upon reaching a certain distance, the Imperial cavalry then hurled the grisly items towards the Nerfes-Savoian lines.

Some men panicked, but it was quickly dealt with by their officers.

A head eventually landed on the feet of the horse of the Duke of Savoy, "Looks like these fuckers defeated the ambush party." he stated the obvious.

"What shall we do then?" Simon asked.

"Well, isn't it obvious? We avenge my men. Your Highness, shall we begin our attack?"

"You bet!"

The battle of Savoy then begun with the clashing of the men of Nerfes and Savoy against the legionnaires led by the Imperial expedition commander, Umberto Benicci, and the Crown Prince of Amaranth, David von Albert...

----------

**Lily**

Just like when he said we should win battles, Kuro won the battle of Dawson Valley for us.

"..."

Before we engaged the Imperial legions trying to invade Stadtsberg, he kept on rambling about a certain 'Hannibal' and how that man defeated an overwhelming army with his cunning and knowledge of his soldiers' abilities. He further stated that he'd do a 'Cannae' and that he would leave no one alive among his enemies.

And Kuro delivered.

With his ruse, he made the Imperials believe that we're losing, only for them to realize that our retreat was a way to get them surrounded. The Imperial cavalry was not a threat to us—they were of doubtful quality than our own knights; it's in the well-trained and disciplined legionnaires that the Empire's military strength lies.