I Would Kill Just To Feel Less Invisible

I'm in New York City. The sun is setting. How did I get here? Well, I'm from California and my mom decided to send me here for a 'change of scenery' ever since my dad passed a month ago. She gave me a fuck ton of money and I don't know what to spend it all on or even how she has that much money. Thanks for sending me here but, I have no idea where to go. I'm standing here with extremely sore legs, a suitcase and I'm tapping away on my phone to book a hotel for my stay. I made a mental note to never wear super tight skinny jeans on a flight ever again, especially if it's going to be 5 hours. Not worth it at all if you ask me.

I finally found a hotel which had an amazing scenery and a good rating, so I called a nearby taxi and got in. It was a silent ride, not in the awkward silence way, but the comfortable way. We made small talk at times and I found out the drivers name is Oliver. He's a pretty funny guy and I found out he moved to New York from Sheffield when he was 19 for a similar reason like mine. He also lived in Adelaide when he was younger.

When I arrived at the hotel, I payed and tipped Oliver. I waved at him and got my luggage out and went in the hotel. I talked to the receptionist lady and she gave me the card so I went up into my room. Oh boy, you know I immediately took off those skinny jeans, hell, they're killing me! I looked through my suitcase and decided to wear these comfy grey sweatpants my grandma got me last Christmas. I flopped onto the hotels bed which was so soft and bouncy and just layed there for a couple minutes, thinking to myself. What am I going to do here? I have no idea where everything is... I mean yeah, Google maps is a thing but, you know what I mean. I have no friends over here, since all of them are back home in Cali. Maybe I'll just walk around and see where fate takes me.

I walked out of my hotel room and I didn't need to lock it because it automatically locked after closing. Sweet. I went down the elevator and there was a woman with a small, brown puppy in the elevator with me. It looks like a teddy bear! Of course I asked to pet it and she let me. "His name's Charlie, adorable isn't he?" She asked and I nodded in agreement. The elevator reached the bottom floor and then I smiled at her, gave Charlie one last pet and parted ways. I started walking and admiring the place, since I never left California in my entire life. It's nice to see something different once in a while. I stumbled across a flashy looking bar, and damn, I really need a drink right now.

I went in the bar and I heard some rock band playing on the stage. I sat down on the wooden stool. "Hey. What would you like?" the bartender asked. "A beer, also some water too." I replied and he gave them to me. As I was sipping my beer while scrolling through my phone, somebody sits next to me. I don't really care at first and just continue to do what I was doing on my phone but I see him with my peripheral vision. God damn. He's hot. He seems really tired, though. He has dark circles around his eyes and sometimes I would hear him sigh. Once I finished my beer, I drank all my water and decided I should leave and explore the city more. As I was putting my phone back into my pocket, he tapped me. "Hey, what's your name?" The guy seemed around my age and I was right. He is so hot. "Uh... Scotty?" It came out way more like a question than an answer. "Well... hey Scotty. I'm Andy." He said. He took a sip of his drink and pushed back his black hair which looked so silky. Am I already developing a crush on this Andy guy? He's probably not gay and he's way out of my league, calm the fuck down Scotty. "What brings you here?" Andy asks, trying to create small talk with me, even though it's really obvious that I'm nervous right now. "I uh... My mom sent me here from California for a change of scenery. Um... It's my first day in New York and um... I kinda have no idea where everything is." Andy cracks a small, sweet smile and asks "Why don't I show you around, then?" I get kind of taken aback from his sudden request, but how could I say no to a guy this attractive?

We leave the bar and he tells me to follow him. It's night time now and it's gotten way colder than it was when I entered the bar. It's fine, I guess. I followed Andy like a lost puppy and we talked about all sorts of things while he showed me around the city. I got confident enough to walk next to him which I am so glad he didn't really notice. This Andy guy sure does look intimidating, but I think I'm starting to already warm up to him. "Where are you staying at?" He asks me, snapping me out of my trance about my new crush. "Um... let me check my phone. I already forgot," I whipped out my phone and checked. "V.F Hotels." He nodded. "Oh, sweet! I actually live in an apartment near there."

We reached Time Square and wow... it's gorgeous! I'm in awe at the pretty lights and Andy chuckles. I swear I could hear him mutter something under his breath, but that isn't important. "You hungry?" Andy asks and I nod. I'm just so distracted by everything going on in my life right now and I forgot to even eat. "Wanna get pizza then?" I agree and then he motions me to come with him.

"I don't care what you get, every pizza is good. Except for pineapple, ew, no!" I tell Andy and he laughs. "Don't worry Scotty. Pineapple on pizza sucks ass." Andy goes up to the cashier and orders while I go find a nearby spot. Once he's done he sits down and waits with me for the pizza to be ready. "So how are you liking this city so far?" He asks as he moved a bit closer to me. "Um... I like it. A lot. It's different to what I'm used to though. I'm from a small town back in Cali." He hummed in response. A couple minutes of comfortable silence passed and a waiter comes up to us and gave us a pepperoni pizza. Of course we tipped him. My eyes light up at the sight of the pizza and I immediately start wolfing it down. Andy laughs "Hungry, huh?" My mouth was full so I just nodded.

I finished my last slice I was having with the pizza I shared with him. "Ugh... Andy..." I dragged on his name. "I'm so fucking full." I say as I slapped my now bloated stomach. "Scotty! Language!" He says in a cliché mom voice and we both burst out laughing. It wasn't even that funny. I think it was us laughing like idiots which made us laugh even more. We even gained some attention from the people in the store. Once we calmed down from the sudden laughing fit, we decided it was time to leave the pizza place. I checked the time on my phone and it read 2:24 AM. "Scotty, give me your phone." Andy said. It kind of scared me. "Uh... why?" I ask. "Just do it." He smiled and I gave him my phone while he messes around with it. He passed the phone back to me a couple seconds later. "What did you do?" I asked. "Just added my number." He says with a grin and I blush. I definitely have a crush on this guy. "I should get back to my hotel, it's getting a bit late now." I tell Andy and I swear I could see a bit of disappointment flash on his face for a second. Maybe I'm just delusional, I dunno. "Oh...well, I could walk you back to your hotel since my apartment is near." I smiled and nodded.

"Cold?" He asks and I nod. I'm only wearing my sweatpants and my Metallica band tee. He takes off his black hoodie he was wearing and passes it to me. My heart just skipped a beat. "But-" Andy cuts me off. "No buts." He is a bit taller than I am and the hoodie is big on me, but that's fine, it's super soft and definitely did make me warm. I smiled all the way on the walk back to my hotel with Andy and our hands brushed some times too.

We arrived at V.F Hotels after a few minutes of walking. "Well... thanks for the awesome day, Andy. This city's cooler than I thought." I blushed "You can keep the hoodie. Remember to text me, Scotty." He smiled and pat me on my shoulder. I decided to hug him. He was taken aback at first but then wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me into his warm embrace. I pulled out of the hug after a couple seconds later, probably red as a tomato. "Thanks Andy. See you around?" I asked, hopeful. "Sure." He smiled as I waved and entered the hotel building.

I take the elevator into my room and lay down in my bed. Not trying to be weird, but the hoodie even smells like him. I giggled at the thought and decided I should text him.

Scotty
Night :)

Andy <3
Night, Scotty

I went to sleep with a smile on my face, waiting for what tomorrow holds.