When You Wipe Your Tears Do You Wipe Them Just For Me

Last night

"Wait! Andy!" I grab his wrist. "Stay for the night?" I asked softly, too nervous to meet his eyes.

"I thought you'd never ask."

Present

I woke up in my hotel room and I saw a bottle a quarter full of whiskey on my nightstand. Huh. Somebody else is in the bed with me, and they're hogging all the blankets. I'm cold and I'm only in my boxers, and I think he is too. Uh... let me hope we didn't do anything. I turn around to a peaceful-looking Andy fast asleep.  I twirl my finger around his soft hair while I think about the first time we met at that bar. He looks so calm here. At the bar though, he was so tired and kept on sighing, not out of relief, but more like out of stress. I hope he feels a bit better now, because he definitely already made my stay here a lot better. It's gonna be hard to go home, and I kind of don't wanna go back either. New York City is way cooler than the small town I'm from. I just turned 21, and people are still giving weird looks for being 'different', also known as gay. A voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Morning... what time is it, Scotty?" Andy mutters groggily as he rubs his eyes. Ahh... his morning voice is so cute. "Morning Andy," I reply back, then take a look at the alarm clock. "It's 8:23am." I say. "Um... Andy, I don't wanna come off weird but... did we like, do anything last night?" I say the last part a bit quietly as I feel my face becoming more red by the second. He notices that we're both only in boxers and I can see a light blush appear on his cheeks. "Um, no... you did drink a bit, I did too but you drank more than me, and I promise! I didn't fuck around with you! I just uh, took off your clothes because um- you know- it's more comfortable sleeping like this! Nobody wants to sleep in skinny jeans! Right?" I nod. I chuckle at how defensive he got. I must've had a lot to drink then, the only event I can recall from last night at my hotel is asking him to stay. "Oh okay that's good. Thanks for doing that by the way, it is way more comfortable." I say and he hummed.

"By the way, I like your tatts. You should show them more often." He tells me and I blush. I don't have as much as Andy, but I have a butterfly and small, red hearts on my upper arm, some flowers near my collarbone and also a small, pink flower near my ankle. I got the butterfly a couple weeks ago, it was to remember my dad because he always loved looking at butterflies in the garden. I cried like a bitch when I got it, not because it hurt, but because I missed my dad a lot. My tattoo artist found my crying funny but he also comforted me. Thinking back, the way I ugly cried was probably pretty hilarious.

I was sitting against the frame on the bed and I decided to lay back down. "Scotty... what do we do today?" He asks as he shuffles closer to me. "I don't really know. I'm tired as hell, maybe sleep in?" I say half jokingly. He cracks a small smile. "Gladly." I turned to the other side and shut my eyes. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard shuffling in the bed and the mattress sinking closer to me. Then his chest was touching my back and his arm draped over my torso. Do friends usually do this? Especially guys? I don't know. "Just stay like this." He mumbled. I was too tired to say anything, but I did enjoy it.

(Andy POV)
I'm tired but I don't want to let go of him. He's sleeping so peacefully and light snores are coming from him. Cute. I kind of feel like a weirdo, but I really like this guy. I think he feels the same for me too. I'm not a stupid dude who's oblivious to literally everything. Well, I like to think I'm not. Unless if he acts like this around all his friends, if he does then that's a total bummer. I lay there thinking for a while until I feel my eyes slowly closing.

Time Skip - Waking up (Scotty POV)

"Andy." I poke his cheek. "Andy." Once again, I poke his cheek. "Andy." His eyes finally flutter and he hummed quietly. "Scotty..." He mumbled and he turned around and pulled the blanket, trying to wrap it all around him. This guy sure does sleep a lot. "Time?" I hear him say as he's face down on a pillow and the pillow's muffling his voice. I check my phone. "3:27pm." I reply as he lays there, silently.

"I think I'm gonna shower. I'll be quick if you also want to." I say as I got up from the bed and started making my way to the bathroom. I heard Andy mumble 'Mhm' or something like that. I hopped in the shower and goddamn, this soap smells good. I'm definitely taking it home with me. I sigh lightly at the fact that I will have to go back to that town. I can't just leave my mom all alone, especially in a time like this. Mom does have my brother, Michael and the cat, Sammy. I miss Sammy a lot. She's just so loving and probably the only reason I wanna go back. Then again, Andy knows I'm leaving soon, right? Ugh... I'll figure it all out later. I got out of the shower in a couple minutes and dried myself with my towel. I then put on a new, comfy outfit which consisted of black sweats and an oversized grey tee that stole I from my brother.

"I'm not gonna shower. The bed's too warm." Andy says as he sits against the frame with the blanket draped over his waist. "Andy?" He perked his head up. "I'm gonna leave New York City in a couple of days because my mom sent me here," I scratched the back of my neck. "And I kind of don't wanna go back. Hell, I hate that small town! I worked a shitty job, got like $3 an hour if there were no tips and people still give me weird looks because I'm g-" I stop because I almost outed myself to him. I paused for a bit, trying to find something to cover it "Because I'm a nerd. Yeah. A nerd." I say, knowing well that I am not a nerd at all. I barely passed Algebra in high school and spent most periods running away from teachers after being caught skipping and staying under the bleachers, probably smoking pot with my old friends. Their names are Tony, Justin and Hayley. I don't talk to them anymore, but they were probably the best friend group I've ever had. They were accepting and just nice people in general. I wonder where they are now. I heard Tony is in a band, Pierce The Veil or something. He was amazing at guitar when I knew him. I have no idea about the others, though. Andy raises his eyebrow. "You? A nerd?" He says and I give him a smile and scratched my neck. "Maybe call her and tell her you're gonna stay in New York. I don't think anything bad would happen. Oh! Also tell her that you'll visit her too." He tells me and I nod. "I'm gonna shower now." I hummed as he got up from the bed and started making his way to the bathroom.

I grabbed my phone and began dialling my mom. She picked up on the third ring. "Hey Scotty! How's New York treating you?" Her bubbly voice always made me smile. "It's really good. I met a guy named Andy on the first day. He's cool." I smile to myself, thinking about the first day we met. "Oh that's great! By the way, Sammy learnt how to shake hands! Do you wanna facetime to see?" She asks, and how could I say no. "Of course, mama." I accepted the facetime call and she went over to Sammy and put her hand out. Sammy then put her paw in moms hand and mom shook it. I practically melted because of how cute it was. "She's such a good girl!" I nodded, smiling. "Um, mom?" I ask. "What is it, Scotty?" She replies. "I'm really liking New York. Um... is it okay if I start living here? Of course I'll still visit you, Michael and Sammy." I say hesitantly. "Of course Scotty. You don't need to ask me, you're an adult now! I will miss you so much though, so visit me really often!" She replies and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Then I saw Andy come out of the bathroom with a black tee and his skinny jeans. I motioned for him to come here. "Oh! Is this the Andy guy?" My mom asks in her bubbly tone. "Hey, yeah I'm Andy. Nice to meet you." He says with a smile and I blush. She pauses for a bit. "Scotty! You didn't tell me your new friend is handsome as hell!" She whisper-yells jokingly and Andy laughs. "Mom!" I chuckled. "I think I'll be going now. Sammy wants to play." She says as she flips the camera around, showing Sammy rubbing her head against mom's leg. "Okay, bye mom, tell Michael I said hi." She nods and says "I will. Take care of my Scotty, Andy! Love you!" I blush and she ends the facetime call.

"Scotty?" He asks. I hummed in response "I overheard you in the bathroom. If you're going to stay here... where will you stay?" He sits down on the bed and starts twirling his finger around my jet black hair that I'm growing. It's reaching past my shoulders. "Um... my mom did give me some money so I can probably just rent out an apartment." I say and he cracks a small smile. "Fuck that, live with me?" I became red at the thought of us living together and I smiled. "Sure."

"Okay, get your suitcase and everything. Don't forget to take the soap too, it smells so good." He says. "Don't worry Andy, I will!"  I smile to myself. Day 3 of living in New York City and I'm moving in with a hot guy who decided to be nice to me. Sweet!