Chapter 2: Strong Feelings

Jamie's P.O.V

I strode down the hallway towards my dorm. I made sure to give nothing away. Lottie and I had agreed to get changed and then meet again in the dining room for breakfast. I nodded to some boys in my class and pushed open my dorm door. It wouldn't open. Right, the key. Recently, the king had requested that I get a lock on my door. I'm not sure why, but I have some pretty good guesses. I pushed the brass key into the lock and CLICK. I opened my door and made a gap just big enough for me to slip through. I closed the door behind me and instantly knew that something was wrong.

Lottie's P.O.V

I slammed the door of room 221 behind me.

"W..What time is it?" Ellie asks as she sits up and stretches her arms above her head.

I give my roommate a look and start searching for my peach top and jeans.

"Ahhh, boy trouble," Ellie says, smirking at me.

"It's not...No...I...Fine, yes it's 'boy trouble,'" I admit turning to look at her. "But it's nothing."

"Do I need to beat anyone up for you?" she says, flexing the arm muscles that she doesn't have.

"Nope, and I can beat them up myself," I say, copying Ellie's arm flex. And anyway, I don't think you can beat up Jamie. But I say this inside my head so no one, but me, could hear it.

Jamie's P.O.V

There was this weird feeling in my chest that I had never felt before. What could it mean? I had a sudden urge to go and find Lottie and make sure that she's okay. Focus, Jamie. You're meant to be thinking about Ellie not Lottie. Forget about Lottie. I repeated these words to myself, hoping to make it all come true. But try as I might, the more I tell myself to forget about Lottie, the more I think about her. 

Lottie's P.O.V

Ellie and I had arrived at the dining room and sat down at our usual seats by the window. The room's atmosphere suddenly changed. Everyone was suddenly quiet. 

"Why is everyone so quiet?" I whispered to Ellie. 

She didn't respond but instead she smirked. Then she said "I'm going to go and get some breakfast and leave you two lovebirds to it." She gets up and heads towards the buffet. 

Two lovebirds? I wondered. What could she mean....

"Oh, hello Jamie," I say, as he plops himself down next to me. 

"Lottie, can we go somewhere private to talk?" he asks, glancing around at all the watchful eyes. 

Ellie's P.O.V

As Jamie lead Lottie out of the dining room, I tried to follow as quietly as I could. This was easy, as I had a ton of experience from seeking out to concerts. They stopped at the statue of Ryley the stag and then they both sat down on to the bench. I hid myself behind some bushes.  An awkward silence drifted over them. 

I knew I had to do something. But what could I do without giving myself away? I was thinking about throwing a pebble at them when, finally, Jamie spoke up. 

"Umm, so Lottie," he said, as I rolled my eyes. Great conversation starter, Jamie. 

"Yes?" prompted Lottie. She was fiddling with her peach top. 

"I...I...I think I might have..." Jamie trails off looking embarrassed. He runs his hand through his hair. 

"IthinkImighthavestrongfeelingsaboutyouLottie," he says with his eyes closed. 

My gasp turns into a giggle.

I knew it!