1

"And with the first pick in the 2021 NWSL draft the Houston Dash select. . . Defender Natalie Miller from Texas Tech. Now please welcome the first overall pick in the 2021 nwsl draft." The crowd claps and whistles as the short woman makes her way to the front. She dressed in a Black Skin tight dress revealing the defined abs underneath. The dress stopped 3 inches above the knee allowing for her quad to flex with every step she took in the 3 inch black stilettos that only seemed to add to her demanding aura.

Natalie confidently walked up the three steps to the stage before meeting in the middle with the NWSL commissioner. She shook hands and stood to the side as the draped the orange and black scarf over her shoulder. She was handed a Orange Houston dash jersey with the number one and her last name printed on it.

"Natalie a few words please."

Natalie nodded and moved to the podium. She cleared her throat twice. Curtly In a professional manner before addressing the players and coaching staff who gathered in the large conference room.

"I want to thank the Houston Dash association for selecting me with the first overall pick in the draft, as well as the staff and players at Texas Tech who allowed me to continue my dreams of playing professional soccer in the United States. I can't wait to head to Houston and Let's go H-Town!" The defender says with added excitement seeming to bring the already loud crowd to a new level.

Natalie walks off the stage on the opposite side then the one she initially climbed and went back to her seat. She was happy she would be staying in Texas. She was also happy with the chance of playing along side Olympic gold medalist Alyssa Chapman.

The rest of the draft went by quickly as Natalie filtered the numerous calls blowing up her phone. She waited till everyone had cleared the room besides the copious amounts of staff from each team.

She walked up to the table branded with the Orange of the dash and walked up to who she assumed was someone of power in the organization. "I just want to thank you for the opportunity you have given me." She says curtly with a warm smile.

"Well you have done nothing short but amazed my peers. But we will have final roster cuts so be prepared." He said.

She nodded and shook her hand before excusing herself as the people at the table were finishing putting away their laptops and many notebooks. Most likely filled with player statists, and any other thing that could affect a players draft stock.

She walked into the sun of the North Carolina sun. She was set to fly out in two days.

Houston.

H-Town baby.

That would hopefully be the next how ever many years of her life. She went to her hotel room and undressed. She was happy to be freed from the restrictive clothing she had dawned for the event. She shedded the black number for shorts and a hoodie.

She removed the makeup that caked her face layers and layers deep. Once done she picked up her phone and called her parents first. Returning the call she had received after being drafted. The first she had received.

The phone rang once before her dads booming voice came through the speaker. "Hey Chipmonk. Me and mom just wanted to say how proud we are of you." She could hear the pride in his voice.

"Thanks dad. For everything. Did mom see me get drafted?"

"No. She heard about it but was getting ready for treatment so she didn't have time to see it."

"Oh. Okay." The rookie stated sadly. "Well tell her I love her and I'll see her after final roster cuts."

"We'll be right her waiting for you."