𝟭. 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

Pronunciation {Jhen-day-e}

"Damn day you really leaving a nigga" My dad wiped his fake tears after putting the last box in my new apartment

After my cosmetic business became successful the money started rolling in quick, so after about a year and a half I decided to move out and start my own journey.

Rolling my eyes at his dramatics I started pulling things out of boxes and sorting them out. I walked into my kitchen with him hot on my trail fake sobbing.

"So you think cuz you grown you could ignore me?" He scrunched his face up "You better listen to me da fuq" he said mugging me.

I busted out laughing at his sass and he started grinning before dropping it quickly.

"You'll be alright my nigga" I patted his shoulder as he continued to mug me.

He definitely ain't gon be alright if his ass don't stop being bitter.

"No the fuck I'm not, what the hell am I suppose to do in a big ass house by myself" He questioned me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know go find you a girlfriend or something" I suggested

He sucked his teeth "Girl I'm 43 I'm too old to be looking plus these hoes out here either they psychopaths and they try to cut my dick off and choke my black ass with it or they damn crackheads and I ain't want no damn woman that's always itching like she got fleas"

I laughed as I shook my head at him. I was use to the crazy shit that comes out of his mouth because I've been dealing with him all by myself since my mother decided she didn't want a dark skin daughter.

I know right, that's weird as fuck because that woman is darker than the corner she finna be in when she rotting in hell.

It was difficult for my father to become a single parent due to me being his first child he didn't know how to do anything and I was also a breastfed baby which made it extremely hard for him to keep me fed since he told me I hated bottles. But my grandmother, Mary, stuck by her sons side and helped him. But that came to an end when she died in 2008, on my eighth birthday.

After I was told that my one and only grandparent passed away on my birthday I've never celebrated one since because it always felt like we were celebrating her death.

"Daddy can you shush and help me unpack cause you just standing there looking like your name is Conner" I looked at him to see him with one hand on his hip and the other blocking his eyes from the sun while he looked out the window like the white people do.

He turned in my direction and started walking over to me while he grumbled.

"Why you grumbling?" I asked him,

"Raccoon looking ass" He whispered

I cupped my ear pretending that I didn't hear him, "What you say?"

He rolled his eyes, "Nothing nigga stop bullying me damn" I laughed at his childish behavior before showing him which boxes to unpack.

About an hour and a half later we finished unpacking all of the boxes and there was only one thing left to do, wait for the furniture to get here.

"Daddy call them people and find out when they coming with my stuff please" I told him before picking up my phone, seeing that I had a miss call.

Adah💞
(Aye-Duh)

Going into the call app I clicked on the name before putting the phone to my ear. The phone rung until it was picked up on the fifth ring.

"Fuck you take so long to answer for?" I questioned her and heard her suck her teeth. I just knew she rolled her damn eyes too.

"Day you are not my damn daddy and the real question is why the hell you ain't pick up when I called you dookie booty ass" She said in one breath making me laugh.

Adah and I have been best friends since 3rd grade when she transferred into my school. We bonded over a crayon because you know kids love damn crayons. We were those kids. Adah was an only child like myself only difference is that she has both of her parents in her life but they're divorced, I keep tryna tell Adah that I think they're still messing around but she ain't tryna hear that shit.

"What you called me for?" I asked her.

She let out a dramatic sigh "I got back together with him Day" I froze.

"Adah no the fuck you did not go back to that hoe" I asked with my mouth damn near on the floor.

After hearing the loud groan she let out I knew she definitely went back to that bitch ass nigga.

The bitch ass nigga that I'm talking about is Damien also know as Black, her ex. Well not anymore apparently. Damien cheated on Adah three times, she caught him the first time, left him, then went back, she caught him the second time in their bed, she left him, then went back and the most recent time the girl he was fucking decided to sneak his phone and FaceTime Adah so she left him again but here she was now, back to square one.

This dude definitely working voodoo on her ass cause ain't no way boi.

"He changed Day I'm for real this time, he came and apologized and he even took me onna date, got me gifts and made love to me....." She went on and on about shit that I've heard before.

I held onto the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh, "Adah honey, that's what he does every single time you leave him, he's clearly manipulating you and it's working."

The other side of the phone was now silent and I knew she knew I was right but her stubbornness wouldn't allow her to let what I said sink into her brain so she can actually get over Damien.

"Whatever Day I'm finna go shower, I'll talk to you later or whatever" Before I could reply she hung up making me huff.

"Why Lord?" I asked looking at the sky. I placed my phone back on the kitchen island and walked over to see my dad sleeping on the living room carpet.

Why he gotta be like this, act like he work twelve hours a damn day. He don't got no reason to be tired the fuck.

I left him there and started walking around my new apartment with a big smile on my face.

It was time for a new beginning.

~Please comment and tell me your thoughts so I don't feel like deleting this book

~Also I basically hated the previous storyline that I had so I just decided to keep the name and do a different storyline but I accidentally deleted the chapters and lost all my reads lol.

~ Vote ⭐️