𝟮. 𝗙𝗶𝘀𝗿𝘁 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲

Pronunciation {Ka-Lan, Just-Us}

"Who got next?" I asked looking around the barbershop after take the apron off of my client

My passion was to always be a barber and to have my own shop one day, and that all came true with hard work and dedication. After I graduated with my high school diploma, I went on ahead to doing the barber training program so I could get my barber degree, which I successfully did. Now I am the owner of the "Boys 2 Men" barber shop.

A middle aged man came and took a seat in my chair and got comfortable before telling me what he wanted which made me laugh

"Just do what you gotta do to make me look good for my wife cause she mad at me right now and you know once you gotta happy wife you gotta happy life so I can't have her mad at me."

"Don't worry I got you" I chuckled then threw the apron over him before tying it securely to the back of his neck then started cutting.

"Yo Kay, somebody wanna know if they can get you at three" My employee who's also my best friend, Hakeem, said making me stop and put my attention on him.

"Tell em yeah" I replied, turning on my clippers and proceeding with the haircut. About ten minutes later I was finished and pops was feeling himself in the mirror.

He let out a deep chuckle "Oh yeah Sherley gon love on me tonight" He said making the entire barbershop including myself laugh.

These old people be outta pocket some times lmao.

He payed me and thanked me then walked out of the store with his head held high making me smile and shake my head.

I picked my phone up to check the time seeing it was quarter to two (1:45 pm for the slow bitches in the back) . I picked my broom up and started sweeping all the hairs off the floor before picking it up with my scoop and dumping it.

Seeing that I didn't have another client until three, I went into my office to rest my eyes cause I'm tired as fuck and these bitches hurting.

I was real stressed lately, between my fathers medical bills, helping moms out at home since she was there alone and building my dream home, I barely had any time to take care of my mental health which is something that shouldn't happen since metal health is hella important. God don't sleep though I know I pray at night so only time will tell if he's listening.

(He's always listening - AN)

After what felt like five minutes Hakeem's loud ass mouth was heard as he busted into my office making me sit up with a natural mug on my face.

"Your three o'clock is here you been out for damn near an hour" He said and I grabbed my phone seeing it was 2:54 pm.

I got up from my seat, cracked a few bones and stretched my arms and legs out then left out of my office, shutting the door behind me.