Chapter 9

Just a warning that from now on I'll most likely start switching POV's in the chapters.

Key:

--------------- : Short time skip. Like scene change.

_________ : Long time skip. As in years or months.

(Indra)

"... Otouto." The disbelief in his gaze... It made me hate myself. How could I fall so low as to make him find that word suspicious instead of natural? How could I do that to him? Closing my eyes against the pain, I take a deep breath. "I..." What could I even say to him? "I'm sorry." Once the word fell out, it was impossible to stop. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." As soon as my apology began, I fell to my knees, tears tracing down my cheeks. I... I killed him, I killed him, I killed him! I don't deserve his forgiveness! Why am I asking for it? Because he'll give it to me. Because that's who Asura was. The most pure-hearted and forgiving soul to exist. "Indra..." He fell to his knees in front of me, pulling me in for a hug. "I forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago." If anything, that made it worse. I clutched onto him, my face buried in his shoulder. He shouldn't... "You... You shouldn't. You... You really shouldn't. I don't deserve it." Because what I did went against everything we had been taught as children. Everything we stood for as a family. We were-are- Ootsutsuki. And family is everything to us. But I... I failed that. Never again. I would ensure that I would never fall into that trap again. I will do everything in my power to protect my family now, including Asura.

It was a while before I had calmed down enough to stop crying. "We should probably go somewhere private. I don't know about you, but I haven't told anyone about... Well, you know." The question made me remember that we were in a public place. Where could we... "Right. You're right. Do you know somewhere we can go?"

"Why don't we go to my place? It's pretty far, but it has privacy seals around the property." So he was part of a Clan, at least. They were the only one's to have those kinds of protections around their property. "Lead the way."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Asura)

The silence that built between us as we sat across from each other was stifling. This was... awkward, to say the least. We had made it back to my place and had sat down in the sitting room. The problem was that I was thinking about way too much. I had thought he still hated me, but the way he broke down in the alley suggests the opposite. Then why did he ignore me at the Academy? But he protected me after that. I was confused, but I believed that my Aniki was back. "Why did those people try to hurt you." The sudden question startled me, though that didn't stop me from answering. "Have you heard of the Kyuubi attack 12 years ago?" With a frown, he replied, "Yes. I do remember something like that. It reminded me of Kurama."

"Aww, the brat remembered me."

'Shut up, Kurama!' I heard him huff before complying. "Yes, well. That was Kurama. The first Hokage and his wife captured the Biju and sealed them away in humans. Similar to what Father did with the Juubi. My-"

"Wait, wait. They did what to our siblings!" I burst out laughing. The outrage on his face was hilarious. While I did agree with him, his reaction was still funny. Even Kurama was snickering. "Your face! Hahaha," His insulted expression made it even better. "... Anyway, 12 years ago, my Mum was giving birth, weakening the seal which allowed Kurama to escape. Or rather be stolen. Someone with a Sharingan controlled him and forced him to attack the Village, forcing my parents to seal him in me." Once again, it seemed I had shocked Indra. I was vaguely surprised at how expressive he was being. "So that's why... They blame Kurama, and since he's sealed in you..." His expression quickly darkened. "Those pieces of shit!" His rage shocked me. It was strange to think that he would be angry on my behalf. If anything, I would expect him to cheer them on. Although... Even when we were trying to kill each other, he would forbid his followers from attacking me. But that was probably for their protection... But that doesn't matter at the moment. "It's fine, Indra. They don't know that the Biju are sentient. They believe them to be creatures of hatred and destruction. And the Jinchuriki to be their reincarnations. Ironic, really." If anything, I had just made him angrier. "That doesn't excuse them. They should never have harmed a child! What if it hadn't been you but someone else? Would you be so forgiving?" The question surprised me. Because... He was right. I would never stand for another child being treated the way I am. But... I also couldn't condemn them for treating me that way. Maybe I subconsciously believe that I deserve it. For failing Indra and breaking my promise to Father. "I... You're right. But... I can handle it. I'm not truly a child, am I? And... for some reason, I can't explain... I love this Village and what it stands for. I know there are flaws, but most of those are due to ignorance and mistakes made by Leadership." He still frowned at me. He sighed. "Still. You shouldn't have to deal with this. The Hokage should protect you."

"Jiji? He does. He's the only one that visits, and he looks out for me. The attacks aren't common. They've only happened a few times." I could tell he still wasn't happy about it. "Alright. I'm still not happy about it." And that was enough to make me smile. "Wait a second. Kurama. You said he was controlled by a Sharingan, right?" He sounded urgent. "Yeah. A man with a spiral mask. Though I'm pretty sure no one knows what he looked like. Why?" He seemed shell-shocked. "Because... My Clan, the Uchiha, they are treated rather poorly in the Village. I've always wondered why, but that could explain it. They think the Uchiha planned the attack." That... Was not good. "Is there anything we can do? I mean... we may be reincarnations, but people still believe us to be children. There isn't much we can do. Although... No. That wouldn't work."

"Don't worry about it. My brother, Itachi, is trying to solve the situation. It's his mission."

"Okay, we'll leave it to him."

After that, we spent a few hours just catching up, talking about everything that had happened since we parted ways and trying to make up for all the time we had lost. Soon, I looked out the window to see it getting dark. "Don't you have to get home soon? Your brother will probably be worried by now." His eyes went wide as he jumped to his feet. "I have to go." Laughing, I stood up and walked with him to the door. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Indra)

As I snuck around the Compound guards, I thought about my meeting with Asura. It had been... nice. I was finally able to apologise for all I had done to him and his family, and I was able to talk to Kurama again. Though... knowing that my descendants had manipulated and controlled my siblings was filling me with rage. How could they treat my siblings like that? I had made it very clear before my death that the Biju were to be left alone. Because while I was trying to kill Asura, I still wanted to protect that which he loved. Not to say that I didn't care for my non-human siblings. It was just that Asura had always been closer to them. Hence why they shared their chakra with him. Still, the thought of them being imprisoned and controlled... and by their own family, no less... It made me realise just how much my mistakes had influenced the world. Errors that I would have to correct now that I had been given a chance.

When I opened the door, I found Itachi waiting up for me. "Hey, Aniki," I whispered, trying to keep my voice down so that Mother and Father wouldn't hear me. "So, Otouto. When did you awaken your Sharingan?" I froze. Shit! I had forgotten that I had activated my Sharingan during the confrontation. "What do you mean?" I couldn't tell him the truth. I could blame it on this afternoon, though. "When you protected that boy. You had your Sharingan active." He was suspicious. Rightfully so. "Did I really? Guess I must have awakened it?" Just act oblivious. Don't let him see the truth. "Maybe, Otouto. Now we have to tell Father and Mother." Damn. That means I'll be forced to be involved with Clan matters. I really didn't want anything to do with it. Especially after meeting Asura. Or do I call him Naruto? It didn't truly matter. Both were the same person. Now... Could I convince Itachi to not tell our parents? "Do we have to tell them?" I whined. "I don't want to have to go to Clan meetings! I want to play with my new friend." There was a hidden message that only Itachi would understand. I don't want anything to do with the coup. The tension broke, his eyes softening. "Alright then. I'll let you tell them when you're ready."

"Thank you, Aniki." And I honestly was grateful. It was good to know that, despite my mistakes, my descendants could overcome what I could not. "Now. Tell me what your new friend is like." So, with a smile, I did.

Okay. So. I hate doing this. Like you have no idea how much, but I started posting on a whim, and nnow I'm facing problems with the timeline and abilities.  There are also certain elements that I added that I now feel is unrealistic. So I'm planning on rewriting... well, most of the story. I'm really sorry to do this, but I'm finding it really hard to continue writing with what I have written. I can not apologise enough. But I do promise to finish this and once I have a significant buffer, to start updating again. Once again, I'm so sorry!!!!