Chapter 6

Chapter 6
The wind roared outside, sending the dark clouds scudding across the sky. This was probably an omen to warn Wilma about her upcoming evening. Class had finished and the moon peeked out behind the wild clouds, the sound of a drizzle beginning to fill the classroom.

Wilma had her earpiece plugged in as she ignored the raging weather outside the classroom. The music she had been working on for about a whole month filled her ears as it sent trembles throughout her body. 

"How's the music?" Her friend's voice cut in through her music. Irritated, she unplugged her earpieces and switched off her device. "Going fine till you interrupted," she scowled. She always got mad when someone interrupted her. Not even a teacher could cut through her music without dealing with some of her irritation.

"Class ended." It was Jay, probably her only friend in class. He was a kind-hearted fellow, a gentle giant. Unfortunately, he was easily swayed by the simplest of insults.

"How's the music?" Repeated Jay, gesturing to her computer. "I guess I'm dropping by the Music Room later. Grab an instrument and try to awaken inner inspiration for the ending of my song," she replied.

While Jay was into composing rock music, Wilma was more interested in classical music. Her dream was to have an orchestra play her music for the world to hear. For people to hear the first few notes and cry out, "Oh I know this!"

That was still a distant dream. She'd reach it one day. She took a second chance. She wasn't wasting it.

"JAAAAAY!" That had to be Jay's parents. They visited him frequently at the school. Everyone was jealous of him since his grandmother was a culinary chef, and he'd get free meals that tasted divine. His parents would deliver him the food almost on a daily basis.

A cold bucket of 'sadness' was dumped onto her head.

Her parents were the complete opposite. "Get married sooner." That's all she ever heard from them. They didn't like that she was coming to her dream school to pursue her dreams. Not until they saw all the handsome boys in her school. "Get a date." That became their new typical words. Yes, the boys were handsome. Wilma even crushed on one for about a week. Afterwards, she started to avoid most of them. The only reason why she didn't avoid Jay was because he would frequently join her friend group and even treat them to lunch.

The two people she had strived to please for entire life never really cared for what she wanted. It was always just, "Get married and give us grandkids."

Her eyes clouded briefly before she shook her head clear.

Head empty, clear the mind. She always implemented this strategy in tough times.

"Wilma, are you going to the music room again?" Called Ms. Yoon. Her music-composer teacher, Ms. Yoon was probably the only one that never judged a student by their income. This was how she earned a spot on Wilma's favourite Teachers list. Not that there was any other teacher on that list.

"Yep," she replied, packing her bag. Ms. Yoon gave her a swift nod. "No one's there today. There's only a booking at 6 o'clock."

Wilma glanced at her watch. She's got about 2 hours left. Better hurry.

Waving goodbye to Jay, she made her way to the girl's bathroom where she splashed her face with cooling water. She starred in the mirror. The usual emotionless face stared back at her.

"Can someone just appreciate my work for once?" She grumbled aloud, almost smacking her face onto the sink. It wasn't fair! Nothing was fair.

"Why did I have to get sh-"  she stopped herself as she noticed that at the far end of the washroom, there was an occupied stall. Oh crap. Did someone hear her?