The time of your life - 1. Resort Argent

Stiles thumbs through the brochure in the back seat of the car, his fingers gliding over the pictures of wooden cabins against green rolling hills. "Looks fancy," he remarks, scanning the description of the cabins that promises fresh mountain air and waking to the sound of birds, along with state of the art bathrooms and comfortable beds.

Scott leans in, humming appreciatively. "Looks expensive!"

"We never would've been able to afford this normally," Melissa agrees from the passenger's seat. Her hand is entwined with that of Stiles' father over the center console. This vacation, which they won in the hospital's yearly fundraiser's tombola, will be their honeymoon. After years of unsuccessful meddling by Stiles and his best friend their parents finally got together on their own and even tied the knot in a simple ceremony at City Hall last month. Winning the extended trip to Resort Argent, one of those upscale Catskills resorts for the more fortunate, was just the cherry on top.

His dad is so clearly over the moon for marrying Melissa and getting to take her and their sons on a luxury vacation that Stiles doesn't dare protest having to spend most of his summer break away from his beloved XBox and computer. He'll be fine. He has his best friend with him and surely there will be some form of digital entertainment at the resort.

"Enjoy your holiday like they used to do," he reads out loud from the glossy brochure. "I wonder what they mean by that."

***

"What do you mean there's no WiFi?" Stiles gapes at the stern looking woman behind the front desk.

"Dude, I've only got one bar," Scott mutters next to him, frowning at his phone.

"Kids nowadays are addicted to their phones," the woman says stiffly, looking like she's smelled something nasty.

"You can say that again," his father agrees more eagerly than Stiles thinks is justified. "Sometimes I think those things are fused with their hands!"

"You'll be fine, boys," Melissa states, handing them a leaflet that has the entertainment program on it. "There's a ton of things to do."

Stiles grabs the program and quickly reads it over. "Dance classes? Aquarobics? Zumba classes? Is there anything on here that doesn't involve rhythmic movement to music?"

"We also have a fully equipped gym, four tennis tracks and our spa comes well recommended," the woman at the desk answers primly. "We are renowned for our dance classes,though. There is not a dance that our instructors aren't skilled in."

"The only dance I hope to do this summer is a horizontal mambo," Stiles grumbles to Scott, earning himself the stink eye from his father. Which is unfair, because it's not like Stiles has any potential candidates lining up for him or anything. It's only wishful thinking at this point.

"I dunno, man," Scott says, taking the leaflet from him. "Learning to dance could come in handy for senior prom."

"Gotta have a date first, Scotty." Stiles shoulders his friend as he reaches for his bag. Melissa takes the key from the scary looking reception lady, so they'll be moving to their temporary home for the summer soon.

"This is my daughter Allison," the lady says, gesturing to a dark haired dimply girl that wasn't there a moment before.

"Freaking ninja," Stiles grumbles to Scott, but his brother from another mother doesn't listen. He just stares at the girl who will be showing them to their cabin like he is witnessing the eighth World Wonder.
Stiles groans and throws his bag over his shoulder. Scott is a hopeless romantic and this just screams summer romance in the making. One sided, at least. Though maybe this girl will take one look at Scott's adorably crooked jaw and puppy dog eyes and she'll be as lost as Scott already is.