I'll lay my head down here

"I'm not sleeping on the floor again, you assholes!" Stiles throws a balled up burger wrapper at the infuriating werewolves who took over his intended sleeping space.

Isaac bats the greasy paper ball away with a quick flick of his hand, hardly having to look at it. "You snooze, you lose, Stilinski," he says meanly, as he snuggles deeper inside the couch pillows to drive his point home. "Besides, I gave up my bed, I shouldn't be the one to sleep on the floor."

Stiles perks up when an idea crosses his mind. Upstairs, in Isaac's room, are Lydia and Cora. Maybe he could -

"Don't even think about it, Stilinski!" Jackson cuts his unspoken thought off with one sharp remark. He glares at him from his spot on the couch he's sharing with Isaac: one asshole werewolf on each side. The guy is extra touchy because Lydia picked Cora as a sleeping partner over him - which is more than fair, if you ask Stiles, both Lydia picking Cora over Jackson and Jackson being sour over getting the cold shoulder from his girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, Stiles, I don't think you'll fit," Allison offers apologetically from his right. She's squeezed in the large armchair with Scott, who's already fast asleep and snoring softly.

He waves her offer away. If he'd try to squish himself in the chair with them, neither one of them would sleep a wink all night. Same goes for the couple in the other available chair, although Stiles is more sure to survive the night with Scott and Allison than with Boyd and Erica. That only leaves -

"You could try Derek?" Allison blinks innocently at him.

Stiles huffs a laugh, letting the sarcasm bleed through in generous helpings. "Yeah, right." He leaves it at that, too tired to hope to put up the proper facade of pretending to dislike the Alpha werewolf. Hey, we all deal with our crushes in our own way! Stiles has to do what he can when literally living with a pack of wolves, who can smell pheromones and who knows what else.

Eventually, he settles for stretching out on the rug that Lydia made Derek buy a while back. It's not overly cushiony, but it'll do the job. It'll have to. Besides, he hasn't had a proper night of sleep in four or maybe even five days, staying up researching and worrying most of the night. The Big Bad is dead, the worrying is over and his research paid off: he should be able to sleep now, right?!

At first, Stiles uses his hoodie for a pillow, yet after about twenty minutes he gives up and pulls it back on because he won't be able to sleep if he's cold. Derek patched up most of the holes in his loft and it's actually resembling a nice apartment these days, but it's still the middle of the night in February and Stiles is lying on the floor without a blanket or a pillow. He misses his own bed. His comforter. His pillow. His other pillow, the one that's older than him and oddly lumpy, but it was the one that was in his mother's bed until the day she died. It hasn't smelled like her in a long, long time. Stiles has also washed it a couple of times during the years, he's not that much of a pig, despite popular opinion. But it's familiar and comforting and he still takes it with him for sleepovers with Scott.

He considers whether or not he would've brought his pillow if this impromptu sleepover had been planned in any way. He's known Scott since kindergarten, he's his best friend. He wouldn't say or even think anything bad about Stiles still needing a special pillow to sleep even when he's almost twenty one years old. And while he knows most of the people in this room for five years or even longer and trusts them with his life, that doesn't mean that they're not a bunch of dickheads who will tease him every chance they get.

It's a pointless thought exercise, because nothing about this sleepover was planned. They were supposed to kill that wyvern during the day, when it slept in his creepy little cave. That's what all Stiles' research was for! He even found a way to kill the beast without having to hack it to pieces, which was nice because in the end he was against animal cruelty, you know? But then there were witches, two of them. They weren't planned, neither was the ensuing fight in the woods. The unexpectedness of it all had left everybody antsy, especially the werewolves. And even though they recouped with a movie night and a nice pack pile, nobody wanted to be very far away from the others. Hence the impromptu sleepover that had Stiles sleeping on a rug, between the coffee table and the couch. Which wasn't fair, because he totally knocked a witch out with his bat! He did his fair share and pulled his weight and what not. The least he deserves is a nice night of sleep.