The time of your life - 3. Help

Author's note: Trigger warning for (talks of) abortion. Just like in the movie, folks.

Much to Melissa's delight (and the sheriff's wonder) Stiles does enter a dance class. Isaac's Salsa class to be exact. He also participates once in the class Boyd and Erica teach together, which is classic ballroom dancing. Stiles wants it on record that he was forced by Erica to join in, on account of them being one guy short for even couples. It's not that bad, actually, even though he has to dance with a woman who's older than his father.
Isaac's Salsa lessons are more fun to attend. He even gets Scott to come along to Salsa class once, but the guy is more interested in whatever sporty outdoor thing Allison is overseeing than meeting his werewolf brethren. Isaac must notice Stiles' disappointment when Scott leaves him behind again to go drool after Allison, because he's suddenly a warm presence right against his side, completing it with an arm draped across his shoulders. "Want to come over tonight? Boyd is firing up the grill."

Stiles finds the employee housings on his own this time, having excused himself for dinner with Melissa and his dad. The sheriff was reluctant to let him go, after he was home so late the last time, but Melissa convinced him to let Stiles go. He's really starting to appreciate having her as a new mom. Not that she hasn't been a second mom to him already for years, ever since his mother died. He owes a lot to Melissa and so does his dad. Just for that she deserves to have the most awesome and relaxing vacation here.
He's so stuck on the topic of moms that it's the first thing that comes out of his mouth when he sees Boyd fussing over a grill. The thing has seen better days, but the werewolf got it hot and smoking, ready for the meat. "Hey Boyd. You got a mom?"

The werewolf must already be used to Stiles' style of conversing, because he doesn't blink at the non-sequitur. He just says "Stiles" with a nod of his head and then: "Sure do. Back in California."

"Oh, dude! You're from Cali too?" Stiles launches into a series of questions that lets him discover Derek's little pack are all from the same state, some growing up not even forty miles away from his own hometown. Boyd isn't exactly generous with words, but he does answer Stiles' many enthusiastic questions with a nod of his head or a simple yes or no.

When the meat is nearly done he sends Stiles into the little house to find the others. It's narrow and rundown, but fairly tidy for a place that's shared by four people. Stiles knows Derek's three Betas live here, along with Malia who is or isn't pack, depending on who he's asking. Erica says no, Isaac says yes and Boyd makes a non-commitantly grunting sound. He hasn't dared to ask Derek yet. The Alpha himself lives somewhere else at the resort, Stiles has yet to discover where exactly.

Inside the house Stiles hears harsh voices. "Damn it, Erica! How could you let this happen?" That's Derek.

"Yeah, well, when a boy loves a girl very much they..." Erica taunts, though the words sound hollow. There's the sound of a crash and wood splintering. Stiles can't hold back the startled gulp he makes. "You might as well come inside, Batman, we know you're there," Erica calls out in a somewhat shaky voice.

Stiles dares to appear in the door opening to the kitchen. One of the cabinets has a fist sized hole in it and Derek stands off to the side, wiping his knuckles on a paper towel. The paper rag comes away bloody, though Derek's skin is already healed.
"Trouble in paradise?" Stiles asks tentatively. He's not a hundred percent sure on whether or not Derek and Erica are a couple. He thinks they might have been at some point, or fuckbuddies at the least. They might still be. He has seen them dance together, there's no way there wasn't sex involved at some point. And while part of Stiles is disappointed in that, he also knows that Derek is so far out of his league that this little crush on him would never lead anywhere anyway. Besides, he's way too happy to get to call them friends; he genuinely likes this bunch of werewolves and he purposely doesn't think about having to go home again soon.