9

Warm. I felt something warm on my neck, with my hand resting gently on it. It felt squishy, but firm? Whatever it was, it made me feel uber comfortable, to the point that my eyes felt like they were welded shut. So comfy. So warm.

"Awwwwww, looks like I'm not the only one who likes being close to titans!"

"... Huh? Just, five more minutes."

"Sorry Arlert, you're already late for training as it is. Erin has been looking everywhere for you, so you better get going before Levi gets involved."

The warmth suddenly disappeared, with something flopped down in front of me. my eyelids shift to show a blond boy face down on the ground. I guess Armin got caught up with his story and just went to sleep on me.

I'm definitely not complaining, but he looks as red as a tomato. Quickly running back to the human buildings. Hanji just laughed before getting the clipboard and pencil ready to write. Standard tests, talk of upcoming expeditions, and then freaking out with new developments. The visit lasted much longer than normal because they were teaching me how to hum different tunes. I was part way through a song Hanji sang for me before we were interrupted by a surprised looking Reiner.

"Oh, goodness is it that time already? I'll just leave you both to it then. I can't wait to continue this tomorrow Jayden!"

"... So, you can sing?"

I turn my hand back and forth.

"Oh, that's interesting."

He didn't seem to know how to approach me. I don't blame him. Titans probably caused a lot of trauma for most humans. I know I probably did.

"So, I'm supposed to read this textbook to you. Does that seem right?"

I nod, even if I can't read the title.

We spent the next while talking about perspective writing and "past tense/ present tense." It's honestly insane how much there is to saying something on paper. I do know a lot about spoken language, but a lot of it was stuff I already knew, and what I picked up along the way. The sound of a book closing caught my attention.

"Hey… were you there? When the wall opened, I mean."

I froze. Does he know? Is he about to hurt me? Did he see me when I was like… that?

With a gulp, I nodded.

"It was pretty scary, wasn't it?"

I nod.

"... You know, it really does feel like I'm talking to another human with you. I don't know if it means anything to you, but I think you're more of a human than I am."

I tilt my head.

"Sorry, it's nothing. I have to go, it was good talking with you."

He gives me a smile before walking away. He seems like a good guy. Maybe a bit troubled, but so are most of the people I've met. The rest of the day was uneventful, so I just closed my eyes and tried to process this literature stuff. The sun disappeared, and I tried to rest with it.

But something landed on me. One became two, became ten, then I was swarmed by hundreds of wet pokes. I look up to see rain steadily falling from high above everything. Small droplets pepper the field I was in and slowly soften the ground. With how cold it's getting at night, this might be the last rain of the year. I definitely don't mind, rain is so beautiful. As long as it isn't landing in my eyes, it also feels good. Sleep can wait, I want to just gaze at the beauty of nature over the lights from where the humans live.

Through the rain, I hear what sounds like footsteps. It starts as one, but another joins shortly after. Then whisper yelling erupted from where the walking was. I think behind me.

"This is a terrible idea. We're going to get caught!"

"Erin, I told you we would do this if you didn't apologize by yourself. It's been weeks since your outburst, and you haven't even visited them."

"You're right, and I had no intention of doing it ever until you dragged me out here!"

A pair of cloaked figures with a lantern looped around from behind me, revealing Armin and Erin. I smile big and give a wave. Even if the green eyed boy scares me, Armin seems adamant that we become friends, so I'm doing my best. He rolls his eyes before getting nudged by an elbow.

He sighed "look … Jayden… I'm sorry for trying to stab you. Can you forgive me?"

I nod with a smile. He seems taken aback.

"What the hell? Are you stupid or something? I wanted to kill you, and you're just okay with that?"

I nod again.

He looks bewildered for a minute before scoffing

"You're weird."

Then he storms off. Armin apologizes for Erin before hugging me and running off.

Goodnight Armin
Goodnight Erin