Chapter 3

"Hyung-nim. So, I will go to the same academia like you?"

Cale stopped his work.

He stared at Dokja for a while then return to his work.

"Maybe? Just ask father for the detail."

Dokja hummed while kicking the edge of the table slowly.

He is clearly not satisfied by the answer.

"I don't want to. I hate school."

He turned towards Ron, who still had his benign smile that always plastered on his face.

"What do you think, Ron? Should I go to the academia?"

"Hm." Ron seems to think hard for the answer. "Well, the academia has a really big library, even bigger than the library we have on this household."

"Really?" Dokja's big eyes sparkle as if there is a real star on his eyes.

Ron nodded. "Yes. Actually, it is the biggest on this country except for the royal library who only royal member could enter it."

Ron pours a cup of tea on Dokja's empty cup.

Dokja smelled on it before putting it on his mouth.

The taste of jasmine calmed his mind.

"You almost made me say yes with my own mouth, Ron. But unfortunately, I―" Dokja put his cup on the table. His expression turned sour. "―What if I got bullied there?"

Tak!

Cale put the pen he holds roughly. Anger flared up on his eyes. "Is there anyone who bullied you here?"

Dokja flinched. He shouldn't have brought out that topic here, in front of Cale. "No, hyung. It Is just...."

His eyes wandered, not that brave enough to lie in front of his hyung.

Even if it is his past experience as Kim Dokja rather than Dokja Henituse.

That is still what he had experienced in his life before.

"Just my negative thought. You don't need to mind it too much hyung."

Cale stood up from his place and got near Dokja.

Dokja shuts his eyes, afraid of getting reprimanded by his hyung.

Though instead of a hand landing down harshly to his body or some harsh words coming from his hyung's mouth.

Cale's hand landed smoothly at Dokja's hair as if it was its destined place all along.

Cale ruffled his brother's hair until it become a mess.

Dokja grunt and pouted a little but didn't stop Cale from doing so. He even seemed to enjoy it a little.

"No one can mess with the turtle. Remember it loud and clear in your heads. As long as I am alive, I will protect you from any danger you would face later. So don't worry and live happily as usual."

Cale stared deeply at his brother.

He won't lose anyone again.

Ever.

"Yes, sir!" Dokja said while playfully imitating a soldier after receiving a command.

Both of them laughed and the room was filled with their laughter until Deruth suddenly come through the door while swinging both of his hands and smiling brightly rivaling the sun.

"Sons! I missed the both of you so much."

*

Cale stared deeply at the baby currently on his mother holding.

The baby is cute, always with a very bright smile that made Cale blinded by it.

A very cute baby who will made everyone smiled just by holding him for a bit.

Everyone liked the baby.

But― not him.

He really hates the baby.

Not because the baby stole his mother attention,

Not also because he annoys him either.

But it is because the baby always makes his mother wore a pained expression whenever she holds that baby in her arms.

He knows that the baby is the one who caused it and he hated that.

He wanted to throw the baby off somewhere to not affect his mother's life.

As time goes by, he began to realize that it was not Dokja's fault that mother becomes sad every time she saw him.

It is because his mother is special more than any normal human.

"Dokja's life is full of hardship and pain. That is why we must make sure he becomes happy in this lifetime while we are alive. Do you want to help me Cale?"

"His life. Is it really that hard?"

"Harder than anyone could imagine. It is all because of his 'previous fate'."

"Is that why mother always wore a sad expression around him?"

Drew looked taken aback, she doesn't know that her child would notice her slight change on her expression.

'Even though I had do my best to hide it from everyone.'

"That is right Cale. What a sweetie. You really know Mommy the best huh? Then Cale could you please ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎ ?"

Cale stared at the floor, his mind wandering for the answer.

Should he say yes or should he reject his mother's offer?

Then his gaze landed on Dokja.

That child is playing around with the maids and some toys.

That child looked really happy, but there is something hidden on his eyes.

A deep longing.

That is what Cale could feel from that child's eyes.

'I have found the answer.'

Cale stared at his mother. "Mother, I......."

(you can ignore it if you want)

Author's heart : I got sick. even though I have promised my parents to be well before got vaccinated....... I hope I will be okay.