🥪Chapter 22🥪

Janelle's POV

I smiled as mom walked into the house with baby Bayden in her arms. They spent an extra day back at the hospital cause they wanted to run other tests on Bayden. Finally they're here!!!

"Welcome home baby." I whispered to Bayden who was asleep in mommy's arms.

He looks so fragile, innocent and small. Bayden really makes me have baby fever, he's just so damn cute.

"Okay Janelle we going to get some sleep." Mom kissed my cheek.

I smiled as I watched them go up the stairs with dad closely behind her. I'm glad to see that he's over his sulking phase.

I walked into the living room and turned on the tv. Love island was playing so I just sat there watching, my mind wandering off to Britney.

I haven't spoken to her for 4 days now so I picked up my phone and dialled her number. She answered almost immediately. "Janelle." She sounded so shocked.

"Hey girl, how are you doing baby?" I felt emotional speaking to her cause I miss her so freaking much.

"I'm good love." She laughed. "I'm currently at my moms place."

"Why? What happened?" It's shocking hearing her say that cause we do still have classes.

"No, mom just needed my help with relocating." She chuckled. "So I decided to go help her and I really did need a change of scenery for a while."

"Speaking of moms, my mom gave birth two days ago." I smiled while saying that.

"Really!" She yelled.

That really made me laugh cause i know she wasn't expecting to hear that. "Shocked?" I asked the obvious.

"Girl, shocked is an understatement." I could hear the excitement in her voice. "I need to come see her."

"Really?" I asked. "It's a 2 hour drive from college, now I'm sure you're currently further away from college."

"Janelle, I don't care!" She yelled. "I'm coming to see her no matter what."

Britney is such a  sweet soul. She really doesn't care about the distance, I'd be tired as fuck cause I don't like long rides.

"Okay, when will we be expecting you?" I asked her.

"By Monday or so." She sighed. "I'll have to first find out if I have a lot to catch up on."

Guys are so trash! "Janelle." She gently said.

"Yes boo." I went silent, waiting for her to speak up.

"Aren't you worried that you're missing out?" She sounded very worried.

I sighed cause I really don't even have an answer to give her. "I am worried Bri, that's why I'll contact a few people from my classes and ask for their help and if I still don't get it I'll have to ask the lecturers."

And that was the honest truth. I know lying is wrong but I can't miss out on work, I'll have to lie to my course mates and even my lecturers if I have to.

"Okay mama." She giggled. "I'll call you later, mom and I are going on a dinner date."

That's so sweet. "No wonder I've always admired y'all's relationship." I smiled just thinking about how cute their mother daughter relationship is.

"I miss you." I heard her say with such a subtle voice.

"I miss you too." I said back to her with watery eyes.