3

Gon was sitting in a tree, looking down at the grass below. The wind in his hair felt nice, but he still felt empty. Will I ever see them again? He settled back on the branch, leaning his back on the tree. He didn't know what to do, what could he do? Gon was about to close his eyes when he heard footsteps. Gon glanced up and saw Uraraka and Tsu chatting as they walked by. Oh. He hoped they didn't notice him, if they did he'd have to keep up decent conversation. Then Tsu looked up. She blinked, then raised her head. "Midoria kero?" Uraraka looked up as well and her eyes widened slightly. "Deku? What are you doing up there?" He smiled. "Oh, nothing much" Damn it. They both came over, and to his slight irritation Tsu climbed up. Uraraka floated upwards as well, grabbing onto a thick branch and sitting up there with him. Tsu tilted her head slightly. "Why are you in a tree Kero?" He smiled, climbing up a few branches and laying sideways on one. "It's fun I guess" He said, and Uraraka glanced around. "is there anything else you like to do outside?" Gon blinked. That doesn't sound like something Uraraka would ask. "Oh...Well I guess I like fishing"

Tsu and Uraraka seemed slightly confused. Well, he had never shown much interest in things like that and perhaps it was kind of odd. "Interesting" Uraraka responded. There was silence for a few moments. "I can fish with my tongue" Tsu said. Gon laughed softly. "Yeah. Your pretty good with it." Then he thought for a moment. "Hey Tsu, do you think you could catch a bird with your tongue?" She blinked, then looked up. "Possibly, Kero. Why do you ask?" Gon smiled. "Oh, I can catch a bird with a fishing rod" Uraraka gaped. "Really?" He nodded. "Yeah. You can catch just about any small animal actually. You have to wait until the moment the animal strikes their prey when hunting, then you can predict it's movements. It took me a while to figure it out though. Also you have to have good accuracy, it's not something you learn overnight" She looked intrigued. "Could you demonstrate?" Gon glanced over at where his dorm room was. "I have my old fishing rod in my dorm. I could probably go get it" Then he slid down and started walking. He passed Kirishima and Mina in the commons area, they both walked over. "hey man!"

Gon smiled. "Hey Kirishima-kun. I'm on my way back to my dorm to get something" Mina smiled. "Whacha need it for?" Gon looked down. "So...Uraraka-san wants to see me catch a bird with a fishing rod" He said awkwardly. They were still walking and talking, but Kirishima looked confused. "I...why would she ask you that?" He sighed. "Well, we were talking about fishing and I mentioned that I could do it, she wanted me to demonstrate. I have my old rod in my room somewhere" He opened his door and walked in, the other two watched curiously as he pulled the fishing rod out from under his bed and walked over. Gon smiled down at it. Brings back good m-memories. He took a breath and clenched his fist for a second, then turned his back to the door. "Y-you guys can go. I'll be a minute" He said. There was silence for a moment, then the door closed. Gon wiped his face, a few tears had fallen. That fishing rod held so many memories for him. The hunter's exam, heaven's arena, whale island.... He took a deep breath, wiped his eyes again, and smiled. "Happy. Happy. I am happy" He said aloud, standing up and walking towards the door. "Smile. Just smile, don't think about it" he said, directly in front of the door. C'mon you can do it.

He opened the door, then jumped slightly when he saw that Mina and Kirishima were still there. "Ah! Oh, you guys waited for me?" Mina smiled. "We wanted to see this too!" Kirishima nodded, although he had a hard to read expression. "Oh alright I guess, let's go" They started walking, the three of them reached the tree about 5 minutes later and both Uraraka and Tsu were still in it. "Why are they in a tree?" Mina wondered. Gon scaled it pretty easily, then Uraraka smiled. "Deku! Your back!" He smiled back. "Sorry, I ran into Kirishima-kun and Ashido on my way here" Kirishima spoke from down below. "You made that look so easy" He looked down and shrugged. "I used to live in a forest back home at whale island, so I climbed trees all the time" Confused silence. Damn it I said too much. "So, how exactly are you going to catch this bird?" Mina asked curiously, making her way up. Kirishima followed and all five of them were in the tree now. Gon hummed for a moment, glancing around. He activated En and waited in silence with his rod in both hands. "Chirp Chirp"