Chapter 26

Erica

Its okay !! I'll be alright . Just a couple more hours and it'll be all over.

I was sitting at Erik and my sisters wedding, currently in labor. I didn't want to ruin the wedding so I said nothing. I knew how important it was to the both of them and I decided I could wait. They waited so long to get married because of  my pregnancy and Erik's business being transferred to a different state. And I knew I couldn't take their joy away from them.

"Now I pronounce you, by the state of Illinois , husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." They kissed and it was so adorable .

I knew getting out unnoticed would be the hard. Especially because I was the only pregnant woman her, I wobbled and I walked too damn slow. I knew that someone would approach me before I could walk out the door. Shaun was sitting next to me holding my hand and I was really trying to figure out if I should bring him or not. I know my family doesn't want him there because they feel like Erik and my mom should be the ones in the room, but Shaun has been here majority of the journey and her meant a lot to me. 

Once they walked back down the isle, I slowly began to stand up. Shaun looked over, "Baby girl, Are you okay?" Concern written all over his face, "you look a little sick."

"Shaun listen, I've been in labor for a while and I need to go to the hospital now!" 

Quickly standing up, he picks me up and begins to rush out the door, ignoring everyone's questioning glances.

 Carefully placing me in the car,  Shaun goes back in to let everyone know that I was in labor and to grab my purse. I'm thankful for him and I know he's still afraid of the whole pregnancy thing, but he has been by my side the entire time and has never looked back.

Shaun runs back to the car with anger on his face. Forgetting the pain I'm in, I turn to him "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing baby girl. Let's go." I just nod my head, slightly confused about where the rest of my family was.

As we drive to the hospital, I pray for a safe delivery and for God to give me the strength and wisdom to be the best mother I can be. I ask him to ease Shaun's mind and to give him peace. 

By the time I'm finished,I noticed that we've made it to the hospital. 

"Come on baby. We need to get you in a room." Shaun said, smiling. I couldn't believe God blessed me with this man. He helps me into the emergency room and we walk to the front desk.

The lady at the desk looked at me and then I realized that the pretty brown eyes matched Juniors and the hair texture resembled him too. I didn't say anything though. I just asked could I get help because I was going into labor. She grabbed a wheel chair and helped me into my room and told me a nurse would be here soon.