3.

Gon's POV~

I cleared my throat before ringing the doorbell of Retz's mansion. The outside of the house was pearl white and the windows were spotless. It was a dream house. Of course, the manor I just so happen to reside in is much larger, but this is wonderful.

"Gon, you're here!" Retz exclaimed, grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me into the house. "Good. We're just starting Spin the Bottle."

I gulped at the thought of that game. It would just be endless kissing and jealousy over who gets to kiss who. Not to mention, if people of the same genders land on the each other, they'll be serious homophobia to sit through and feign laughs with. Fun.

I slipped off my tennis shoes, fiddling with the hem of my light grey flannel as I joined the group of people crowded in a circle. I looked around for a spot, Retz taking a seat in the center where an expensive Champagne bottle sat, waiting to be spun.

Looking around, I noticed someone. Killua. He sat uncomfortably on the floor in front of the couch. He was wiggling his toes through his light grey socks. Outside of his shoes, his feet look much smaller. So, desperate to find a spot next to the only chill person I knew, I wiggled through the people until I got a spot next to him. Though, I did have to push some people. I apologized though, so I'm sure it's fine.

"Hey." I nudged him in the side, since he hadn't seen me take a seat. He looked up at me suddenly, a relieved expression on his face.

"Gon. You're invited?" He asked, sitting upright. I nodded

"Mhm. Retz is my girlfriend so it's kind of a given that I was invited to her party." I responded. His expression dropped and he furrowed his brows for only a second, before returning to his normal expression.

Killua's POV~

"Mhm. Retz is my girlfriend so it's kind of a given that I was invited to her party." Gon said with a slight smile. For some reason, I was mad. Er, frustrated is a better word, rather. I don't know why, though. I have no reason to. I don't like Gon and I certainly don't like Retz, so why was my face frustrated and my eyebrows furrowed? I quickly returned my face to normal and spoke before I got choked up or Gon looked into my expression. Or both.

"You and Retz? I thought you were new. Didn't think it was possible to get a girlfriend so little onto the school year." I nodded my head, looking down at my feet, wiggling my toes again.

"Well, Retz and I have known each other since the third grade, really, but we didn't start dating until the summer before Sophomore year. We went to different high schools until this year."

"Hm." I nodded. "So, you're soulmates or just a side relationship."

"No, we're soulmates." He stated, and I was oddly upset. Ah, it's just my jealousy surfacing again. He has a soulmate and I don't. "Oh the game's starting." His attention shifted to Retz in the middle of the circle, who had her hands on the bottle, ready to spin it. She began with asking if we were all ready, to which everyone cheered and nodded. I sighed, looking away. If I watched her spin it, I'd probably end up vomiting. To cheer me up, Alluka grabbed hold of my hand and gave me a supportive smile. She then let go and ruffled my hair a bit as Retz spun the bottle. 

Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin. Spin. Spin...Spin...Spin...Stop

"Okay, Jules and..." She pun again. "Mitch!" 

The group began chanting, urging the two to kiss. Neither of them looked like they were willing to back down as they got up and met each other in the middle of the circle to complete their task. Just as they connected their lips, I averted my eyes for fear of jealousy consuming me. That happens often.

"Psst, Killua." Gon nudged me, trying to still look excited for the next spin. I can't even pretend anymore since my social battery, very low capacity, drained after having that conversation with Reese, Retz's older sister. "You don't look too interested." 

"You don't say." I scoffed. "I don't want to sit through this. But..." I trailed, debating on whether or not I should mention how Retz would continue to bother me if I didn't. I decided against it. "Never mind. How 'bout you? You interested at all?"

"Not really. I'm not big on parties." He stated, pulling his knees to his chest. "What will you do if you get picked?"

"Who knows. You?" 

"Depends. Wouldn't want to land on a guy haha." 

"Hm." I pulled my knees to my chest, same as him, burying my face into my knees. I mean, damn, he doesn't know I'm gay but was there really a reason to be so...Whatever, not my business. My eyes wandered to Alluka who kept tugging on my shirt to get my attention. I looked over.

"It landed on you and, uhm, Maxine I think." She whispered. I sat up looking around for this Maxine person until I spotted her getting up and walking towards me. My heartrate accelerated as she sat in front of me expectantly. She didn't look to thrilled either. 

"I don't wanna kiss you." I blurted out. It came off as rude and prudish, but it was the only way my simple mind could express it. 

"That's a relief." She mumbled as she stood up. 

Alluka grabbed hold of my hand as Maxine returned to her seat and the game continued. She squeezed my hand every time the bottle was spun and made sure to give me a sense of security. Sometimes I wonder if she's my older sister. 

So, the game continued. Kiss after kiss after kiss. And luckily, I was never picked again. Alluka was a few times, but they let her off the hook since she's only fourteen, years younger than everyone else. Then, a full thirty five minutes later, the game ended and we headed to different spots of the first floor. Alluka stayed on the couch as a few people went to go talk to her and I scurried off to the corner, right by the TV and Gon was bombarded with the needs of Retz and he friends. 

My eyes fluttered open and shut as I struggled to stay awake. I shouldn't be tired, but there's so much going on in the house along with me worrying about Alluka and the billions of questions and worries filling my mind up to the brim. Then, as if Retz knew I was tired, she shouted at the top of her lungs, standing atop the glass coffee table. She must weigh very little. I guess she does look the part. 

"WHO WANTS PIZZA?!"

Great. Pizza.

So sorry this is short, I've been really busy, BUT I will be updating a few of my other fics tmmrw so stay tuned. Love y'all <3