Unsure

"Hey! Solé!"

Oh no..

Panic zapped my heart into a painful rush. Slamming my book shut, I lift myself up from the lawn in front of my school's library and attempt to make a run for it.

"Did you just try to run away from me?"

Duri laughed as I froze in place. My backpack slid off my shoulder, almost everything inside fell out onto the grass. This was embarrassing. I actually tried to get away...and got caught. I earned a few glances from some people who were around. That was my punishment for being a fool. Duri comes closer to squat down and help me pick up the books and papers that fell.

"I didn't know I was that scary..." She snickers to herself, seeming to take things well. I would have thought she would have been offended, but here she was, helping me pick up my mess.

"I was coming from out of class and saw you and thought I should say high but then you tried to run away from me like I was Jehovahs witness."

This makes me laugh. Her smile tells me her goal was met. Getting me to laugh.

"Sorry.. It's not you, it's..." I pauae, looking around cautiously.

"It's my brother, right?"

Did he tell her?

Was he hurt?

My stomach turned just thinking about it.

"Did he... tell you?"

She shook her head. "I don't know anything, he came home quiet and not the normal quiet. Didn't think much of it until I figured you must be running away from me because something happened with you and him, you thought I was going to confront you, or you're just socially awkward."

Perhaps all the above...

"Yeahh.. " The memory of how last night went down turned my stomach with a sick feeling of regret and. Every time I think about how it, I get nauseous.

"I think I hurt his feelings."

"You? Hurting his feelings?" Duri shook her head with a smirk. "Do you mind if I asked what happened?"

The beating of my heart in my chest was so hard I felt it against the fabric of my top.

"That's beautiful.."

I was remembering. Remembering the softness of his voice, the gentle gaze he gave me.

"What?"

"You. Your smile."

The warmth of his big palm against my cheek.

"I'd love to be the reason you smile.."

"He wanted to show me how to be happy.."

She stared at me for a few seconds. "And what did you say?"

"I said nothing. I freaked out opened my apartment and closed the door in his face."

"AHAHAHAHAA!" Laughter erupted from Duri. She was laughing while I was conflicted about what I should do. "That's hilarious! He's not upset. I'd know if he was. Maybe he's a little more challenged now that you've possibly bruised his ego." She shrugged. "He's not one to press. I will say, I've never seen him bring a girl back to our place. Especially for Ramen with no action, you have to be special for that."

"I'm sorry?" I remember the exchange they had when I came over. How she looked surprised that he brought me over for ramen, but I wasn't sure what was so special about it.

Her mouth formed an O as if she remembered something I didn't, giggling before she explained the inside joke. "So when someone asks you if you want Ramen and they're Korean... it's essentially like Netflix and chill."