familiar faces

Me and Sage were back on the road once I washed my injuries the best I could with some kelp and water. I felt good today,and we were gonna go mining for things to upgrade our tools and maybe get more armor. We don't want a repeat of last night.

The nearest cave wasn't far,it was actually very close to where we slept that night. And so,I had gotten my stone tool set and we went deeper.

"Oh my FUCKING god." Sage got annoyed,it had been at least the seventh spider we've seen in the past two minutes. We stuck together and soon enough found the source. It was a spider spawner. Sage broke it with ease as I looked through the chests. Food items were in there and some gold too. "CAT!"

"You got a diamond? Or a jukebox?" We found the disc Cat in a chest. "No,I fuckin wish." Sage replied with a usual 'i want to go tf to bed' face she always had on and we kept going.

At this point I found enough iron to make a sword and a helmet,a shovel too but that wasn't important to me. What WAS important was how we would get back. We had gotten ourselves lost in the cave and we had no idea where we came from.

Sage had found two diamonds earlier,in which instead of making a sword,went towards a jukebox. Soon enough,we got absolutely sick of walking so we settled in a hole that we dug trying to mine coal with Cat echoing through the mines.

"....choke yourself to sleep."

We heard singing of some kind. Both of us knew,either we were hallucinating or someone else is here which we thought was actually impossible. We knew it wasn't any dumb cave sound,this wasn't eerie or unreal.

We took our swords and crafted shields,thanks to Sages idea because I just thought of a fuckin spoon. Our shields were out and so were our swords. If anyone tried to hurt us,we'd be ready.

The figure turned the corner. We jumped and held our shields up.

"W- okay either I'm high or these are people."

The person had a full suit of armor,a sword,and shield,all being iron. They were clearly looking for diamonds,not us.

"Who are you and will you hurt us?" Sage put down her shield but rose her sword. "Dude I'm not here to hurt anyone,I just wanted to leave the cave. I was running out of food."

I lowered my shield,then my sword.

"Summer?"

___________________
*440 WORDS