one

"they what?" riker asks, shocked.

"they introduced me to my 'girlfriend'."
i explain. "they're making me date her for publicity."

"that's pathetic," rydel joins in, sitting in between riker and i on the coach.

"i know! i could get a girlfriend without my manager giving me one!"

"no. i meant pathetic as in the only way you can get a girl is by your manager giving you one." her and riker laugh, making me glare at both of them.

"okay, okay. is she nice?" riker asks.

"not really," i answer honestly. i don't know about you, but i wouldn't call comparing me to her boobs 'nice'.

"than what is she like?"

"well, she's hot." i say, making riker raise his eyebrows and rydel rolls her eyes.

"i knew you would say that," she grabs her laptop off of the coffee table, placing it on her lap. "what's her name again?"

"avril." she gives me a look as if she wants me to continue. "oh, um, rose. avril rose."

she types something in then looks closer at the screen.

" 'avril rose is a famous pop-rock singer/actress'." rydel raises her eyebrows, looking impressed. "she has two full length albums out and has stared in more than five movies."

me and riker hover over rydel's shoulder to see.

"you were right," riker smirks. "she is hot."

"did she give you her number?" rydel closes her laptop and turns to me.

"no, but james (AN; James is their manager) did."

"you should text her," riker says. "let her know that it's you, and ask her if she wants to hang out."

"okay."

ross: hey avril, it's ross. i was wondering if you wanted to hang out or something, it'd be good for the media.

avril: where?

i text her the address of the restaurant and she replies with a 'okay.'

ross: meet me there around six?

avril: sure, whatever.

"ohhh somebody has a date!" rydel squeals.

i roll my eyes and riker nudges me. "we're so going to spy on you guys."

"what? no!"

"aw why not?" rydel says. "she won't even notice. we'll sit at a table near you guys and won't bother you at all."

"i swear to god if you ruin this for me-"

"we won't ruin it for you!" riker says.
"come on, please?"

"fine, whatever."

"yay!" rydel squeals, clapping her hands.

+++

i sit in a booth as i wait for avril, rydel and riker sitting at a table ten feet away from ours. to be honest, i was a little nervous. last time i tried to create conversation she compared me to her boobs.

avril walks in the restaurant, and i wave to her, getting her attention.
she sits in front of me, and i can't help but stare at her, for she looks amazing.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she snaps me out of the trance i was in.

"you look hot- good. you look good." i stutter and she just rolls her eyes, grabbing the menu in front of her and reading it.