four

i had totally forgotten about what happened last night, so when i woke to see avril lying sound asleep next to me, i was somewhat startled.

i grabbed my phone off the bedside table seeing i had several missed calls, most from riker, but two from james.

the fact that we sort of just disappeared from the party had slipped my mind. they were probably trying to find out where i was. i decide to call james back first, he probably was already mad since avril had punched a guy in the face, it wouldn't be the best idea to keep him waiting for a call any longer than i already have.

he answers after a few rings. "hello?"

"hey, james. it's ross."

there's a moment of silence before he responds. "where did you and avril go last night? you know, after she broke that guy's nose?"

"oh, we went back to her house." i tell him. "about that.."

"what the hell was she thinking?" he asks, raising his voice a little.

"she...that guy deserved it."

"whether he deserved it or not, she can't just punch someone at a huge party like that, especially if she's famous. she's lucky there weren't any press there, or else this would be everywhere."

"i know, i know. i don't think she'll do it again." i look back at avril who was still sleeping. she looked so peaceful. "it's just, he took it too far. but i gotta call riker back, i'll talk to you later."

"alright," he says before hanging up.

i click on riker's contact and unlike james, he answers on the first ring.

"dude, where are you?" he asks.

"i'm at avril's. that's also where i was last night."

"you can't just disappear like that, ross. we had no clue where you were."

"i know, i know. i'm sorry, i'll call or text next time, i'll make sure to." i feel shifting on the bed and turn around to see avril opening her eyes. "i've got to go, i'll talk to you later."

"okay, bye."

"bye." i hang up, locking my phone and putting it in my pocket. "hey."

"hey," avril says, sitting up. "who was that?"

"it was just riker."

"hm." she nods. "how long have you been awake?"

"oh, not long. about ten minutes, maybe? not even."

"okay, what time is it?"

i look at the alarm clock beside me, then back at her. "about nine thirty. you got any plans for today?"

"no," she shakes her head. "you?"

"none."

she smiles a little. "well that's good, right? we should do something. well i mean, if you want to."

"yeah." i say, making her smile larger. "that'd be cool."

"good. any ideas?" she asks, and i try to think of one. there weren't many things to do around here. well, there were, but not really for us. it'd be nice to do something when people aren't crowding around us and taking photographs the entire time.

"what do you usually do when you're off?" i ask, earning a confused look from avril. "like, what's a normal day for you?"

she raises her eyebrow. "you're actually interested in what i do on my free time?"