three

when riker told me about the album release party james was throwing for our new album 'sometime last night', i took it as the perfect opportunity to hang out with avril. it's been a few days since the last time we hung out which was when i went with her to her photoshoot.

we were going to throw the party at our house so it'd be easier to set up and so our friends would know where to go, but james apparently had been planning this for awhile now because he'd already rented a place.

the party starts at eight and it's currently seven. we've been at the building setting up the decorations and getting everything ready for at least two hours. as of now almost everything is ready and we're just waiting for james and avril to get here. they both said they'd be here around seven, so they should show up any minute now.

"should i be nervous?" riker asks me. "i mean, you saw what happened last time i was around avril. do you think she'll be like that again?"

"no." i answer, honestly. "james had a talk with us about that and anyways, i actually think she was doing that just to bother me."

"oh." riker shrugs. "okay."

our conversation ends when we hear footsteps and turn to see james walking in with avril following slowly behind him. "looks great." james says before walking over to rydel and ellington, probably to talk to them about their relationship.

"wow. you're going all out for this party, huh?" avril looks around the room as she stands beside me.

"we did just release a full length album. i think we deserve a nice party."

"you're right, you do. well i think you guys did an amazing job."

"thank you."

"anytime, blondie."

-

the party was a lot more crowded than i thought it would be. the room was packed, and not to mention half of the people in here i don't even know.

and the worst part? i have no idea where avril is. we were hanging out, she told me she had to go to the bathroom so she went. Or at least that's where I thought she went. Now I was searching the place, looking for the beautiful blonde.

"rydel!" i shout, running up to her. "have you seen avril by any chance?"

"no," she says, giving me a confused look. "why?"

"i don't know where she is."

"well why are you freaking out?" she asks. "she's eighteen, she can take care of herself. don't worry so much."

"yeah," i nod. "yeah, you're right."

why was i so worried about her? i mean, i'm acting as if she's a five year old child who got loose on the playground. i'm overreacting. she'll be fine.

"about avril," rydel says, pulling me away from my thoughts. "how are things between the two of you?"

i shrug. "alright, i guess. i mean, we're getting to know each other better and we're closer, so i'd say that's good."

"yeah!" rydel exclaims. "it is!"

i opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted when i heard a familiar voice yelling.

i turn around to see avril having a screaming match with a tall, brunette guy. i quickly walk over to them, wanting to see what the hell was happening.

"what's going on?" i ask once i reach them. they both looked at me and they both looked furious. i've never seen avril this pissed before.

"what's it to you?" the guy asks, glaring at me.