Chapter 3: A New Team and Member

"YO BETTER WAKE UP!" Primape shouted again.

     Archen was about to complain but, Primape already left. "Oh well, today we will get a new team!" Archen said cheerfully. "I wonder who it is."

     "What if it is someone who is bad." Houndour said.

*FLASH*

     An image of three shadows lurked apon Archen and Houndour. "Ha ha ha ha" they laughed. "Us? Bad? Bwa ha ha ha. What bad can he do..." the shadows went away as soon as they looked back. "Who was that" Houndour yelled. "That was weird." Archen was stiff on the floor. Houndour walked up to him and slapped his face. "Archen, Archen, are you okay?" he asked. Archen got up and scratched his head. "What was that?" Archen  questioned. "Let's go."

     "Why are you late?!" Garchomp thundered.

     "There were three shadows growing apon us." Team Phoenix replied.

     Garchomp thought for a while and turned back to the group. "I'd like to welcome you to the new group of three. Team Soul." he applouded. "The group includes Weavile (the leader), Yanmega, and Gastly." he announced.

     "Where are they?" Crawdaunt asked.

     "Out they come!" Garchomp said as they walked out with an evil smile.

     "As I like to say... SMILES GO FOR MILES" Heracross shouted. Then everyone cheered except for Team Soul and went to work.

     "Team Soul and Team Phoenix!" Garchomp called. "I need you on a special mission. I have lost my gummies. Will you help me find them?"

     Both teams glaced at each other and muttered a yes. "Great, now move along. It is on the 10th out of 15 levels on Dry Forest." As they moved to out of the tent and onto the ski lift, Weaville bumped Houndour in his shoulder on purpose.

     "Hey, what was that for?!" Houndour yelled. "Hurry up if you want to succeed." Weaville replied. Next, Gastly and Yanmega shoved Houndour and Archen. "This guy is an idiot, Garchomp made a mistake inviting them!" Archen whispered. They continued walking until they got to the plus. "After you guys" Weaville said as he walked in after them. Team Soul and Phoenix took the ski lift all the way to Dry Forest.

     "Listen, if you don't want me to beat you up, then you better follow what i say" Weaville said. Houndour rolled his eyes and Weaville turned away. A wild Sandslash had appeared. Weaville used slash and it fainted. "As much as i hate him, I am jealous of his strength." Archen muttered. Archen used Wing Attack on a wild Starly. The Starly attemped to use a normal attack but missed and Houndour finished it with the normal attack.

     "You guys suck, you can't even kill a Starly in one shot. I can kill a Sandslash." Weaville bragged.

     "Yeah... he... he" Gastly started.

     "Shut up!" Weaville snapped "Stop making me look like a dope."

     "O-o-o-kay" Gastly stammered.

     Gastly used acid on a wild Pinco and it fainted. Houndour stepped in front and used Ember on a Snivy and it fainted. "I told you I'm not that bad" he said. "And now me and Archen are level 7."

     "Well, that was a weak Snivy and it is a grass-type." Yanmega yelled. "Weaville is better, she can beat up Garchomp probably."

     "She?!" Archen squaked.

     "What, I can't be a she" Weaville asked.

     Houndour rolled his eyes. "Let's just go on." he said as he made a Wurmple faint. The group went up the stairs and a Rufflet used Drill Peck on Yanmega. It was super-effective. Yanmega started flinching.

     "I th-th-thought y-you can't flinch b-by a Dr-dri-drill p-peck." Gastly said. The Rufflet used Fly a Yanmega and he almost fainted but used Bug-Bite and the Rufflet dodged. It flew away in the direction of the guild. Yanmega watched it as he used an Oran Berry and wiped his mouth. They finally made it to the third, fourth then the fifth level.

     "We are half way through!" Archen squealed as a wild Shinx appeared. Archen was about to use his Wing Attack when Shinx said "Can I join your team?" Houndour was shocked. "Why us, we are only beginner rank?" he asked. Shinx thought. "Why does that matter?" he asked.

     "Yes!" you can join, we need more Pe-Pokemon on the team anyway.

     "We need to tell Garchomp that the team name is now Shocking Phoenix!" Archen said.

     "Are you buckos done yet? Let's move on!" Weaville exclaimed.

     The team moved on the the tenth floor. Three wild Scizors appeared with the gummies. Give me and you can join, refuse and I will beat you guys up. Weaville use Mean look making all the Scizors flee. When Weaville was about to collect the berries, a Scyther appeared. Houndour used  Ember twice and Weaville grabbed the gummies.

     "Yay, it looks like we're all level 8!" Shinx exclaimed.

     "Whoh, you were already level 7" both Archen and Houndour shouted as they got transported back to the guild.

     "Thank you, team Soul. And yes, you can change your name Team Phoenix." Garchomp said. "You all did a great job."

     Shinx glanced over and saw the Rufflet open a gummi shop. "Welcome, Welcome." he said. "I have some-" he got interrupted. "Hi, I am his assistant." Vullaby said.

     "Sorry to interrupt, but Garchomp says it is time for dinner." Heracross said.

     "Hurray" they exclaimed.

Gobble, Gobble, Chomp, Chomp, Gobble, Gobble, Chomp Chomp, Gobble, Smack, Gobble, Smack, Gobble, Chomp, Smack, Smack.

     "Good night Shinx and Houndour" Archen said. "And welcome to the guild, Shinx"

     "Thanks, good night. Shinx replied feeling welcomed,

     "YO BETTER WAKE UP"Primape screamed.

     "What was that" Shinx said.

     "You''ll get use to it" Houndour winked.

     "You know, thanks for accepting me guys." Shinx said. Archen thought he was down in the dumps. "I never thought I would get friends" Shinx said, his voice breaking. They walked out to the Job Board. "It says Explore with Riolu at Fire Plateau 5 floors. Reward is 150 pokedollars." Shinx announced. "Do ya want to do it?" Archen nodded his head and turned to Houndour. "Sounds good to me, let's go" he said.

     Shocking Phoenixes walked all the way to the intersection and turned right. "Fire Plateau" Shinx confirmed.

     There was a big apple in the room they were teleported to. "This should come in handy" Archen said as he picked it up. A Litwick appeared to also want the big apple. "Pass it over!" The Liwick yelled and used Incinerate. TIt hit Shinx and he retaliated with Tackle. "Don't hurt my friend" Riolu said and used Force Palm. The Litwick fainted and Riolu celebrated. "Yay"

     A Slugma appeared on the second floor. Archen used Wing Attack and Shinx used Tackle. As a finishing move, Houndour did a normal attack. His belly was 2/100. "Houndour, you're hungry. Eat this big apple." Archen insisted. Houndour ate it and it filled his belly.

     The team found a geopebble on the floor. "Did you know that you can throw it at the Pokemon and it hurts them." Archen said. "Let's move until the fifth floor and avoid the Pokemon."

     The Growlithe blocked their way and Houndour threw the GeoPebble. It made the Growlithe faint and they didn't know how. "That must of been pretty weak" they said. "Yes, the stairs to the fifth floor."

     "Thank you for bringing me hear." Riolu said. The team got teleported back to the guild.

     "You get to eat" Heracross yelled as they got back.

Gobble, Gobble, Chomp, Chomp, Gobble, Gobble, Chomp Chomp, Gobble, Smack, Gobble, Smack, Gobble, Chomp, Smack, Smack.

Right when they finished eating, a shadow come apon them...